1650 Los Gamos Dr
REPORTS TO: Scholarship Director
10,000 Degrees is a leading college success nonprofit in California that helps students from low-income backgrounds get to and through college. Thanks to comprehensive personal support, college advising, and financial aid management, more than 80% of 10,000 Degrees four-year college students earn bachelor’s degrees, compared to 31% of their peers nationally.
10,000 Degrees is in a period of high growth. We are looking for a highly motivated and detail oriented individual to support our growing scholarship program. 10,000 Degrees alumni are encouraged to apply.
The Scholarship Coordinator works closely with the Scholarship Director and another Scholarship Coordinator to ensure that scholarship applications, awards, modifications and payments are processed in a timely, efficient manner. The Scholarship Coordinator also communicates with scholarship recipients, parents, and donors to answer any questions and provide support throughout the scholarship process.
SCHOLARSHIP PROCESSING, SELECTION AND AWARDS
- Process applications, awards, modification and checks; maintaining accurate physical and electronic records for all applicants and recipients
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of applications, awards, modifications and checks;
- Data entry and analysis of financial aid data
- Review documentation such as financial aid award letters, tax returns, academic transcripts and progress reports to verify compliance with scholarship criteria and to recommend funding level for which applicants qualify.
- Assist with distribution of scholarship applications;
- Communicate verbally and in writing with applicants, recipients, financial aid offices, child care providers, and 10,000 Degrees staff, as relevant;
- Ensure client information is handled appropriately – from timely processing of applications to accurate data entry to daily filing of all confidential applicant and recipient information;
- Timely communication with scholarship recipients regarding the processing of scholarship checks.
- Work closely with the College Access and College Success team to provide outreach and support for college student events.
Other duties assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS required.
- Proficiency in Excel and data analysis a must.
- Bilingual in Spanish desired.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Experience in financial aid or higher education desired.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, impeccable judgment and initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to delivery of excellent customer service for results.
- Ability to establish priorities and handle multiple tasking and interruptions.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with all 10,000 Degrees constituencies and staff.
Normal hours: Weekdays 9 AM to 5 PM, occasional weekends
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to help grow and more than double an organization’s reach.
- A chance to work with talented, mission driven, passionate
- A competitive salary & benefits.
- An organization that offers work/lifestyle
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the world and help students from low income families learn that not only can they get to and through college, but that they too can change the world.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish is desired
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit resume and cover letter for the position: email@example.com