Responsible for administrative support to the Philanthropy team, including assistance with portfolio management, support of specialized donors, and coordination of assigned events.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Adds and maintains records in Raisers Edge for donors, prospects, professional advisors and events
- Provides department staff with transactional fund information (such as balances, grantmaking and gift history, and purpose language) as needed
- Provides general administrative support for the Director of Development and Philanthropy Services, Senior Philanthropy Advisors and other Department staff as assigned including preparing materials; filing; creating Word/Excel or PowerPoint documents or presentations; taking notes or minutes; and arranging travel and lodging for Department staff
- Supports grantmaking work of specialized donors and provides administrative support to the Director of Donor Services, including processing grants, scheduling and coordinating check-in meetings and updating giving plans
- Assists in the planning, organizing and oversight of regional advisory board meetings and regional donor/prospect events, and provides other administrative support for the regional advisory board system, including maintenance of electronic materials and database records
- Provides back-up support to Philanthropy Operations Manager and other philanthropy support staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and judgment
- Strong relationship and customer service skills, both internally and externally
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including formal presentation preparation
- Ability to organize multiple tasks/projects, as well as prioritize tasks within projects
- Attention to detail and ability to work under deadline pressure
- Ability to be self-directed, as well as work in teams
- Initiative, independent judgment, resourcefulness, and flexibility
- Belief in the mission and purpose of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
- A combination of education or relevant work experience equal to the needs of the role.
- Previous experience in nonprofit philanthropy/development preferred
- Strong computer and technical skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly; including MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and routine database activity; experience with Raisers Edge preferred but not required.
- Ability to work with standard office equipment and other technology
- Valid driver’s license