240 2nd Avenue South
Position: .8 – Full time, exempt. Reports to Executive Director.
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: $52,000 – $65,000 DOE + time, plus benefits. Benefits include 16 – 20 days PTO + the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day & bus pass, plus health care if full time.
Job Description: Lead and execute Seattle CityClub’s development efforts, including institutional membership and sponsorship programs, individual giving and grants. This includes developing financial goals, solicitation strategies and timelines, donor benefits, accurate and timely financial accounting and stewardship plans.
· Develop and execute annual sponsorship plan for CityClub programs and events, including CityClub’s Annual Benefit, targeting corporate and foundation prospects. Solicit corporate sponsors and serve as the daily steward of their relationship with CityClub.
· Develop and supervise execution of plan for individual donor development including major gifts and annual donors.
· Develop and execute annual plan for recruitment, communications and stewardship of CityClub’s institutional members.
· Prepare materials and strategies for CityClub’s Executive Director, Board Development Committee and Board members to solicit philanthropic gifts.
· In partnership with CityClub’s Executive Director, research and write grants and serve as the lead grant reporter.
· Supervise full-time Development Coordinator and ensure accurate and timely tracking and reporting of all development activities.
· With Executive Director and Assistant Director, serve as a member of Seattle CityClub’s senior leadership team.
Qualifications: Warm, enthusiastic, collaborative professional who enjoys handling many tasks at one time and is highly adaptive to change. 4-6 years’ experience in development of individual giving, corporate grants and/or sponsorship and familiarity with the Seattle corporate and philanthropic community. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong orientation to detail, and sensitivity and finesse in stewardship of donor relationships.
Organization Description: Seattle CityClub is a nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization improving the civic health of the Puget Sound region by providing programs that bridge politics, sectors and generations to inform and engage residents and community leaders. Every year, Seattle CityClub serves over 30,000 Puget Sound residents in-person and online and reaches over 1 million Washingtonians through broadcast. SeattleCityClub.org
To Apply: Please email resume, cover letter and three references to jobs@SeattleCityClub.org. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. Please reference the job title in the subject line.
Benefits include 16 – 20 days PTO + the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day & bus pass, plus health care if full time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume, cover letter and three references to jobs@SeattleCityClub.org. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. Please reference the job title in the subject line.