IRIS (Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services, Inc. www.irisct.org) is a dynamic refugee resettlement agency with offices in New Haven and Hartford, CT. IRIS serves people from all over the world who have fled persecution in their home countries to start new lives and become self-sufficient, contributing members of their new communities. While IRIS has traditionally focused on helping refugees, it is increasingly serving our undocumented neighbors and other immigrants as well.
General Description IRIS is looking to hire a Talent Acquisition Specialist who will be responsible for sourcing, screening and recommending candidates for positions as well as participating in the onboarding of new hires. He or she will identify opportunities to build applicant pools, establish trust and partnerships with the managers, identify potential “fit” through effective interviewing and testing, and ensure a positive new hire experience. Developing and executing recruitment plans and strategies are primary responsibilities to ensure hiring goals are met with the best possible talent. All activities must be in compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and comfortable coming into contact with other people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Consult with leaders, hiring managers and human resources team on position descriptions, requisition creation, compensation and sourcing strategies.
2. Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
3. Continuously develop networks/partnerships to actively build database/pipeline of candidates. 4. Recruit and perform talent acquisition activities such as resume & phone screens, candidate interviews, recommend final selection of applicants and close qualified candidates.
5. Arrange pre-employment background & references screenings.
6. Place and update all job postings in various Medias including internet/intranet sites, colleges, social networks, community boards and staffing partners.
7. Represent the company at recruiting events (i.e., college job fairs), providing company/job information and interviewing applicants as needed.
8. Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
9. Communicate with managers and employees regularly to promote referral program and internal opportunities.
10. Create offer letters, maintain applicant tracking system, recruiting reports and other staffing administration functions as needed.
11. Participate in new employee onboarding, ensuring process is engaging and that processes are followed and accurate.
12. Respond timely to internal and external applicant situations, and applicant requests as required.
13. Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
14. Serve as the point person for the HR software 14. Position may require work responsibilities outside of normal business hours.
15. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Supervises: interns and volunteers
Supervised by: Director of HR-DEI
Education and Experience:
1. Higher education (two- or four-year college degree) or equivalent work experience.
2. 2 years of human resources, talent acquisition and interviewing experience preferred.
3. Strong understanding of staffing principles, laws, and procedures and a solid working knowledge of recruitment/employment programs.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of various recruiting techniques, and experience in online/social media recruiting.
5. Ideal candidate will have experience and/or exposure in the assigned area of responsibility.
6. Proven ability to communicate and effectively “sell” an organization’s value proposition.
7. Must possess excellent oral/written communication, marketing, presentation, interviewing and interpersonal skills.
8. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), internet, and HR software.
9. Strong customer service, negotiation skills and ability to interact with employees at all levels throughout the company.
10. Self-starter with excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
11. Strong work ethic and sense of integrity, trustworthiness and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
12. Creative in brainstorming and proposing new ideas and solutions to existing problems.
13. Willing and able to travel occasionally, including overnight travel.
Compensation: $50,000 -51,000, full-time, salaried
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Activities require a significant amount of sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor.
-Regularly required to verbally communicate, listen and give presentations as needed.
-Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel and applicants.
Working Environment: - General office environment: Works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, air-conditioned cubicle/office, with moderate noise levels. -Long-distance or air travel as needed – not to exceed 25% travel. -Periods of stress may occur.
IRIS (Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services, Inc. www.irisct.org) is a dynamic refugee resettlement agency with offices in New Haven and Hartford, CT. IRIS serves people from all over the world who have fled persecution in their home…
Health, dental, vision insurance. Life and disability insurance. Vacation (3 weeks); personal days (3 per year); sick days, holidays per IRIS schedule. Eligible for 403b retirement plan after 1 year.
Health, dental, vision insurance. Life and disability insurance. Vacation (3 weeks); personal days (3 per year); sick days, holidays per IRIS schedule. Eligible for 403b retirement plan…
Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), internet, and HR software. Strong customer service, negotiation skills and ability to interact with employees at all levels throughout the company.
Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), internet, and HR software. Strong customer service, negotiation skills and ability to interact with…
To apply, send an email to our HR-DEI Director at email@example.com as soon as possible with the following: A subject line that says “Talent Acquisition Specialist—YOUR NAME” A cover letter An attached resume with three professional references
Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received and until the position is filled.