The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Development Associate to join our incredible team in the Upper Midwest Region. Working as a member of the Development Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the administrative and customer service needs of fundraising activities, including data entry, donation acknowledgement, providing customer service to donors and event participants, and event communications & logistics.
- Process and acknowledge donations, and complete necessary bank deposits and database documentation for workplace giving, matching gifts, individual and foundation gifts, miscellaneous donations, and special event donations and payments.
- Manage the utilization of ALA databases and e-commerce platforms, Convio & ROI, serving as location lead on ROI. Work with development staff to increase special event participation and revenue.
- Serve as liaison for customer service for special event participants, volunteers, and sponsors. Recruit and train event day volunteers.
- Support the implementation of special event communications and logistics.
- Support Local Leadership Board meetings, activities, and communications.
- Serve as location lead for the development of event websites and content updates, utilizing ALA best practices, software, and guidelines.
- Coordinate the implementation of e-communications, mailings, and donor acknowledgements.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team in the creation of special events promotional materials.
- Support office management needs, including office equipment maintenance and reporting, facility maintenance and vendor relationships, needs for in-office meetings, and managing office supply inventories and ordering.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Development Director or Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field preferred
- At least one year of office support experience
- Superb organizational and time management skills, with excellent attention to detail and follow-through in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in relationship management and e-commerce software (Convio and ROI experience preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with a positive attitude; comfortable working with all levels of staff
- Flexibility to work occasional irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, with some overnights possible
- Must hold a valid driver's license
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
The American Lung Association offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, Matching 403(b), Paid Vacation/Sick/Holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V