928 Simpson Street
The Development Associate will serve as the individual donor contact of Casita's development department. Reporting to the Director of Development, s/he will be responsible for assisting the Director of Development and Executive Director in overseeing and managing the strategy for individual giving including fundraising events and individual stewardship, while assisting the Director of Development with grants, grants reporting, and other tasks.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a real sense of responsibility and urgency as well as superior interpersonal skills and excellent follow-through. S/he must have the ability to meet deadlines and be adept at managing a multitude of details. S/he will be a dynamic self-starter who will help lead Casita Maria to the next stage in its development.
This is an ideal opportunity to learn about many aspects of fundraising and development, and to grow with the department.
- Coordinate departmental activities: Assist development staff with implementation of fundraising plans, ensuring alignment with Casita Maria's mission, strategy, and objectives.
- Maintain donor database and electronic document archive: Assume primary responsibility for updating and maintaining Casita Maria's donor database (currently maintained on the Bloomerang database), including files on individual donors, institutional supporters, and event sponsors. Provide reports on donor support and characteristics as requested. Maintain electronic archive of Casita Maria's donor cultivation documents, including proposals, reports, letters, etc.
- Maintain correspondence: Prepare and maintain routine correspondence, including donation acknowledgement letters.
- Execute fundraising campaigns: Assist in development and execution of annual appeals and fundraising campaigns.
- Events: Assist Event Planner with coordination of special fundraising events, including the annual gala.
- Institutional donor solicitation and cultivation: Maintain schedule of institutional proposal and reporting deadlines. As directed, help to prepare periodic reports.
- Public funding contracting: Assist with all aspects of contracting requirements for public funders, including city and state agencies.
- Materials preparation: Prepare briefings and follow-up materials for Executive Director and senior Development staff involved in solicitation and cultivation of individual and institutional support.
- Board of Directors: Support Executive Director with Board-related activities.
- Other tasks: Complete other assignments as directed.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience working in a non-profit development department, and will be familiar with the basic components of a fundraising operation.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and an ability to interact with staff and funders across multiple levels of seniority, backgrounds, etc.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, and keen attention to detail.
- Experience with donor database management; extra credit for knowledge of the Bloomerang system.
- Interest in, and dedication to, arts, education, and the South Bronx community.
- Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Available to work weekends and/or evenings, as needed.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vacation Days
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- A Pension Plan
- A 403(b) Retirement Plan
- A pre-tax healthcare flexible spending account and pre-tax commuter benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Development Associate.