Senior Program Director, Master Clinical Trial
- Job posted by The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - National
3 International Drive
Beat AML Senior Director brings strategic leadership and oversight, research, development, and program management expertise to the oversight of ongoing projects in Beat AML. The incumbent has substantial scientific and project management experience and works as a member of the LLS Mission Special Initiative team.
Reports to: Vice President, Research Strategy
Supervises: Independent Contributor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and strategic review of scientific programs and special initiatives and program management support for the VP, Research Strategy, including the identification and evaluation of potential research opportunities; on-going evaluation of existing alliances and preparation for internal committee meetings.
- Leads several on-going research partnerships working closely with members of the Mission Special Initiative team and external partners/ collaborators to manage project milestones.
- Provides strategic support and ensures contract deliverables are being met.
- Administers the day-to-day activities, including monitoring timelines, tracking costs, and facilitating communication between the internal LLS and trial groups, government agencies and subcontractors.
- Provides technical and administrative support by meeting regularly with LLS representatives and partners to ensure the program remains on track.
- Leads project areas relating to achieving assignment scope, quality, budgets, deadlines/milestones, and communication, documentation/administration, and employee resources.
- Utilizes appropriate strategic metrics and key process indicators to define and measure progress and improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Level of Language Proficiency
Education & Experience Requirements:
- PhD or the equivalent in Biomedical Sciences, or related fields.
- 6+ years of relevant post-doctoral scientific experience including oncology research experience.
- Demonstrated project management experience in a relevant biomedical research program.
- Pharma/Biotech or related CRO experience focusing on drug discovery and/or clinical development is desirable.
Minimum Education Required