District of Columbia
The Association for Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs (AAHRPP) is a global non-profit dedicated to improving the protection of human research participants by accrediting organizations that conduct human research. AAHRPP has accredited two hundred and fifty organizations during the past fifteen years by using a peer review system that coordinates with high-level contractors at the most respected universities and hospitals. AAHRPP is currently growing its operations department with the addition of a talented, reliable Operations Coordinator.
This position will work directly with clients and contractors to coordinate accreditation activities and prepare for quarterly Council on Accreditation Meetings. The incumbent will work to maintain a high standard of accountability in internal operations by performing administrative duties, document intake, and travel logistics with a “customer-first” attitude. The ideal candidate will have superior administrative abilities, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work efficiently and independently to meet multiple deadlines. A trust-worthy and dependable attitude is required to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and to meet the needs of staff and clients in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Provide guidance to organizations on how to properly submit documents according to AAHRPP standards and provides feedback to the Director of Accreditation and Operations regarding the status of submissions.
- File electronic and hard copy documents in support of accreditation and maintains electronic databases to ensure the most up-to-date information is available for all staff and consultants alike.
- Perform intake procedures for all incoming accreditation documents (i.e. applications, Annual Reports, and documents in preparation for quarterly Council on Accreditation meetings).
- Prepare routine and official communications to clients and contractors alike.
- Responsible for phone and reception duties.
- Assist with the assignment of contractors and the tracking of resource usage and task completion.
- Utilize SharePoint to provide document handoff.
- Displays affirmative willingness to assist in cross-cutting assignments and special projects.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of administrative work experience required; 3-5 years of office experience, preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with a professional demeanor
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and speaking
- Computer skills including: MS Office, Microsoft CRM and SharePoint
- Experience working with high-level employees at universities and hospitals
- Experience planning international and domestic travel
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Project, and SharePoint
- Experience managing multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- High level of reliability and accountability
- Strong commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Highly organized; able to multitask
- Effective time management skills to aid in meeting deadlines
- Dedication to client service and support
- Independent thinker with the ability to contribute to a team in order to meet goals and complete tasks
- Flexible, creative approach to handling change and problem solving
- Positive, hardworking, and collaborative approach to teamwork
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a Word or .PDF of your resume or CV along with a cover letter to Rob Withrow at email@example.com. Resumes that do not contain a cover letter will not be considered.
AAHRPP is an Equal Opportunity employer.