Full Time Contract
123 East 55th Street
Our Vision at the May Family Nursery School
Early childhood is a magical time of discovery for children and their parents. At Central Synagogue, one of the largest Reform congregations in North America located in Midtown Manhattan, we provide children with rich learning and growth experiences that establish them as lifelong learners and celebratory experiences that connect them to the joys of Judaism through an exploration of values, traditions, and rituals.
The Associate Teacher is a member of the Central Synagogue May Family Nursery School teaching team who shares in the education, care, and well-being of his or her assigned group of students. Under the guidance of the Nursery School administration, the Associate Teacher is required to implement planned curriculum, participate in team meetings and to uphold the objectives and overall philosophy of the Central Synagogue May Family Nursery School. The Associate Teacher works closely with the head teacher/s and reports to the Early Childhood Director.
Reports To Early Childhood Director
Full-time, Exempt and not eligible for OT
Your hours of employment will be as follows: Monday through Thursday 8:15 am – 3:30 pm and until 2:30 pm on Friday
· Manage, with your teaching team, all aspects of daily classroom life, including health and safety of all students, establishment of comfortable classroom routines and transitions, and implementation of child-centered, developmentally appropriate, emergent curriculum that excites children about learning and prepares them for the next step in their education.
· Plan and implement activities to support and foster positive self-esteem, social skills, developmental growth, and independence for all students.
· Observe and record children’s progress, behavior, growth, and development on a regular and ongoing basis.
· Work collaboratively with teaching team, administrators, specialists, and consultants.
· Incorporate Shabbat, Jewish holiday celebrations, and Jewish values, customs, traditions, and rituals into the classroom.
· Actively participate in all team meetings, staff meetings, professional development days, teacher trainings, and workshops.
· Participate in teaching after school and other classes for the Nursery School and Central Synagogue education/family engagement program.
- Full time, 10-month position.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include: paid vacation time in correspondence with school and religious holidays, paid sick and personal days, medical coverage, paid Maternal/Paternal leave, retirement plans, and life insurance.
- Learning/growth opportunities.
· Bachelor’s degree required along with Master’s degree in education (or may be enrolled in Master’s program in education)
· Teaching experience in early childhood classrooms or other settings with young children
· Meet standards for licensing requirements (finger printing, child abuse and other relevant training, etc.)
vacation, sick leave, parental leave, medical, dental, vision, retirement plans, life insurance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample, New York State Teacher certification documentation (where applicable), and three references addressed to Cindy Grebow, Early Childhood Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference the job title, Associate Teacher, in the subject line of your email. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.