1330 Braddock Place
As a School Account Representative you will be responsible for providing effective customer service for all internal and external customers by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of company programs as well as communicating effectively with team members within the finance department.
This position is an administrative position. These services may include, but are not limited to, any of the following essential duties listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
School Accounts (main responsibility)
- Effectively manage high call volume in peak season;
- Provide courteous, high quality service to customers and interdepartmental staff;
- Provide information to callers through proficient customer service and basic knowledge of the Foundation, its services, programs, website and proprietary database;
- Regularly check received personal, school account and invoices email inbox and respond in a timely manner;
- Research variances on acknowledgment, process the necessary adjustments and make the necessary phone calls /emails to schools;
- Perform Accounts Receivable/Collections duties monthly; call/email teachers/parents with current and prior year balances monthly to encourage prompt payment and maintain records of collection efforts (telephone calls, letters, and emails of collection conversations);
- Manage the timely collection of payments on school/participant accounts, sets up payment arrangements and process refunds when required;
- Act as liaison with other departments concerning collection needs;
- Process donation fellowships;
- Process: school invoices, receipt letters, purchase orders IR reimbursements, chargebacks; check returns, teacher stipends, cancellation fee waivers, transfer and adjustments as requested.
- College degree or 4 years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Finance.
- Position requires a basic working knowledge of business and office practices and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, clear speaking voice and pleasant phone manner.
- Must be proficient in MS Outlook and MS Office (intermediate skill level in Excel and Word a must).
- Must be professional and be able to work independently and with diverse group of people
- Must be well organized and demonstrate attention to detail.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Tentative work schedule, Monday through Friday, 11:00 am to 6:00 p.m. Must work 35 hours a week.
Competitive benefits package include Transportation benefits, Health, Dental, 403(b), Flexible Spending Account, Gym Access, Vacation & Sick Leave program, and Life/AD&D insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates who meet our qualifications are encouraged to apply. To be considered, all application must include a cover letter and resume. No exceptions.