160 Fifth Avenue
The Simons Foundation Grants Payment Assistant is a team player who fosters strong working relationships and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to complete components of process improvement projects and payment operations within the Grants Team. They oversee the process of contacting grantees and their administrators to obtain required deliverables for the Grants Payment Manager. The Grants Payment Assistant will report to the Grants Payment Manager.
- Implement the grant deliverable submission process.
- Send monthly, weekly, daily reminders and delinquent notices.
- Send correspondence and reminders to request and track grant refunds.
- Provide the first-tier review of electronic fund transfer (EFT) payment information. forms; requests and track revisions if necessary.
- Assist with managing grant-payment, institution-profile and grants - access inboxes.
- Conduct validation of information of awardee institution officials and process user certifications for 400+ institutions.
- Respond to inquiries from grantees and institutional administrators.
- Prepare deliverable and portfolio-analysis reports as needed.
- Assist in year-end and quarterly metrics reports and reconciliations.
- Assist in data cleanup efforts (may have access to sensitive information).
- Update and maintain internal project tracking logs.
- Assist with updating payment list.
- Schedule/book meeting space and prepare agendas as needed.
- Assist grants payment manager and grants team with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years of full-time administrative experience
- Previous experience in grants or in sponsored projects administration is ideal.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Candidate must be customer-service oriented and a proactive team player.
- Strong attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving are required.
- Must be efficient with evaluating and entering data in a fast-paced office setting.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and discretion with sensitive information.
- Capable of completing a variety of tasks with competing deadlines.
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment.
- Must have advanced computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel (i.e., pivot tables and v-lookup functions) and PowerPoint.
- Technical knowledge or familiarity of proposalCENTRAL, G Suite, and a query-based reporting tools is a plus.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest in this position.
The Simons Foundation's Diversity Commitment
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.