460 Dumont Ave
Wayside Out Reach Development Inc.Senior Centers. WORD seeks an Assistant Program Director to provide Social Services for our older adults 60 years and older. Wayside Out Reach Senior Centers is a place that nurtures the mind, body and spirit. This is a rare opportunity to join our visionary team that seeks to build on past success and take this center to new heights.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Works closely with the Senior Center Director and program participants on program planning and development
- Plan and/or lead recreational and educational activities, trip and other events
- Prepare monthly calendar of events and menu both (Print and digital) and promotional materials to market and publicize center activities
- Assist in crisis intervention with client emergencies and issues of health or mental health deterioration
- Develop contact with community resources
- Assist Director in community outreach to recruit new member
- Assist in developing and maintaining systems to monitor participation, register members, and update records.
- Conduct member registration
- Assist Director in monitoring compliance with all nutritional safety and compliance standards
- Conduct regular fire drills monthly
- Participate in intra-agency, inter-agency and community activities
- May provide task supervision to student interns and volunteers
- Help serve lunch when necessary
- Substitute for Director as needed
- Other duties as required by the Program Director
- Must be a dynamic, flexible, upbeat, drama-free, and hands-on individual
- Must have great people skills
- Requires the ability to pivot and meet competing demands in a busy work environment
- BA or MSW and two (2) year of human services experience
- Minimal physical effort generally required for work performed in office.
- Moderate to strenuous effort required periodically in the field;
- May be required to lift items and spend several hours standing, walking going up and down stairs and reaching.
- This is a full-time, 35 hours per week position.
Under the Supervision of the center Director the Assistant Program Director will be responsible for the overall functioning of the center, lending and coordinating education and recreational activities
Wayside Outreach Development Inc. (WORD) is committed to equal employment for all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful regard to race, color, and creed, nation of origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter
Three business References
Two Recommendation Letter