The American Public Power association is seeking a Government Relations Assistant to provide a variety of support to the Government Relations staff.
Some of the position's responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the development, processing, and dissemination of various documents including correspondence, reports, and congressional testimony.
- Assisting with coordination of Legislative Rally and other legislative meetings throughout the year, including the Policy Makers Council fly-in, the Executive Committee fly-in, Advisory Committee summer meeting, and the portion of the national conference related to legislative and PAC activities.
- Assisting in maintaining the government relations list serves and committee lists, including that of the Legislative and Resolutions Committee.
- Sending out list serve messages from lobbyists, including to the GRWG list, and reviews before sending.
- Performing research on issues of interest for APPA membership and staff as assigned.
- Assisting government relations department with special projects.
- Assisting government relations professional staff in development and implementation of Education Department courses, workshops, and seminars for APPA members and others.
Please visit www.publicpower.org/careers to view the full job description.
To be qualified for this position you must have the following:
- Degree from 4-year college or university.
- One to three years of experience in area of mid-level administrative or technical support.
- Ability to follow verbal or written instructions and work independently to carry out assigned duties.
- Tact and courtesy in dealing with co-workers, the public, and members.
- Ability to organize and handle a variety of tasks.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Strong grammar, spelling, punctuation, and writing skills.
- Knowledge or practical experience in general office procedures.
- Some knowledge of the federal legislative process.
- Interest in public policy strongly desired.
- Ability to travel to work at APPA meetings, both in and out of town.
The American Public Power Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should reply with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Government Relations Assistant in the subject line.