ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT COVER LETTER WITH RESUME
The Center for Community Alternatives (CCA) is a leader in the field of community- based alternatives to incarceration. CCA promotes re-integrative justice and a reduced reliance on incarceration through advocacy, services and public policy development in pursuit of civil and human rights.
Job Summary: Responsible for direct criminal justice advocacy services for women with substance abuse issues and juvenile delinquents and juvenile offenders including the development of written alternative-to-detention/incarceration plans and updates submitted to the courts, parole, probation and other referral sources. Liaison with defense attorneys, judges, family, and other pertinent service providers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit and initiate referrals of potential clients. Interview clients and conduct assessment.
- Collect and review additional information if necessary through interview of family members, and other collateral sources and relevant documentation necessary to complete client assessment.
- Conduct home and other pertinent site visits required to verify information to be presented in the release and/or sentencing plan.
- Liaison with defense attorney.
- Prepare written client specific plan for court. Prepare and submit updates as required by the court and other referral sources.
- Provide court advocacy including initial appearance and all subsequent court appearances.
- Maintain client records as required.
- Explain program and release requirements including agency and other relevant service referrals.
- Participate in case reviews and conferences. Participate in staff meetings, in-service and outside training.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications: Commitment to and experience in working with adults with diverse cultural backgrounds who are involved, or at risk of involvement, with the criminal/juvenile justice system, HIV/AIDS, or substance abuse. Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or related human service field. Strong written/oral communication and advocacy skills with the ability to negotiate multiple service delivery systems and agencies. Computer literacy (word processing, e-mail, internet research, data entry) required. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Level of Language Proficiency
English & Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter indicating position applying for and resume.