The mission of Upham’s Corner Health Committee, Inc. d/b/a Upham’s Corner Health Center / Upham’s Elder Service Plan / Upham’s Home Health Care is to provide expert, compassionate care to children and adults. Our Core Values are: Compassion and respect – For those in our care and for one another.
Upham’s Corner Health Committee, Inc. is an organization committed to providing high quality, low cost, culturally sensitive, community-based health and social services to the residents of North Dorchester and adjacent neighborhoods. We believe that Upham’s Corner Health Committee provides a dynamic work environment in which to grow and be challenged.
ABOUT OUR OPENING:
The WIC Program Director is responsible for the overall administration and management of the WIC program.
- Plans, implements and evaluates program operations to ensure compliance with health center policies, federal and state regulations.
- Manage the WIC enrollment and benefit issuance process
- Acts as liaison between sponsoring health agency, state WIC office and local programs.
- Hires and provides ongoing supervision and annual evaluations for senior nutritionists, community coordinators, and program assistants.
- Defines staff responsibilities, work schedules, participant service hours and participant flow.
- Conducts regular staff meetings to share information and resolve problems.
- Conducts annual and introductory staff performance reviews in collaboration with the senior nutritionist.
- Provides annual civil rights training, annual customer service training, and domestic violence training for all WIC staff.
- Ensures collection of immunization data, assessment of immunization status, provision of immunization education, and referrals.
- Supervises distribution of Farmers’ Market coupons.
- Attends Business meetings, Local Program Workgroup meetings and other meetings and trainings at the WIC Learning Center.
- Represents the WIC department in various health center affiliated committees and meetings.
- Works with senior nutritionist and community coordinator to develop outreach and referral networks.
- Provides WIC information/training, as needed, to community agencies and health care providers.
- Works with agency and senior nutritionist to determine best use of program budget to meet program goals and objectives.
- Oversee departmental quality projects.
- Plans and oversees program outreach measures and methods of participant retention.
- Performs other duties as required by the position or as assigned by supervisor. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties and responsibilities are subject to change due to business needs at any time with or without previous notice.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in public health, public administration, nutrition, and two (2) years’ experience in program administration, with supervisory experience.
- Master's degree and one (1) year of experience in program administration, with supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making capabilities.
- Experience in program planning and administration.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the participant population.
- Ability to articulate program goals and policies to participants, health care providers, community agencies, and vendors.
- Ability to work well with management information systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Availability to work at multiple WIC sites, during evening hours and on Saturdays when coverage is needed.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Upham’s Corner Health Committee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, ancestry, military service, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, or other category protected by law.
Upham’s Corner Health Committee, Inc. offers a highly competitive benefit packet for eligible staff. Benefits currently available include Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans, 403B retirement plan with a generous employer contribution, 12 Holidays paid, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Assistance Program, and much more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants MUST send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated copy of their resume plus cover letter and the subject line on email should be the name of the position for which they are applying: WIC Program Director.