00Details: $15 per hour
Global HerStory Summit Administrative
FLSA Classification: Non Exempt
Reports to: HerStory Senior Manager
This position is part-time and temporary (September 17th- October 12th). Applicants must be based in New York for the full term and available in-person for 2-3 days per week for 3-4 hours a day, potentially increasing to 15 hours a week as we approach the Global HerStory Summit
We are looking for a competent, New York-based individual to provide administrative support for the organization during the planning and implementation of an annual five day conference in New York City. Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient logistical planning and execution of the event. This role supports the project manager, project team leads and support team members through a variety of tasks related to organization logistics and communication.
This role will be responsible for some confidential and time sensitive material and will need to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. This role will also need to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a degree of creativity and critical problem solving is expected.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions: Organizational Administrative Assistance
- Assist in managing relationships with vendors for event as needed (airlines, hotel / hostel staff, additional venues, caterers, IT, maintenance, etc.) and make calls to gather details, follow-up and confirm contracts
- Pickup project and program supplies (materials, food, printing) for event and communicate with staff to ensure all needs are met
- On occasion, organize and transport supplies to event site(s) to support logistics and/or programming team
- Assist in the organization of of swag, printed materials and collateral inventory
- Support the expense reporting process and event budget maintenance including collecting, filing and scanning receipts
- Experience working in diverse or international environments preferred
- Experience working with youth preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive, etc.)
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices and processes to improve efficiency
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work well with a collaborative team
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Submit your current resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and contacted via email to schedule an interview