Details: This is a 28-32 hour/week position, year-round. Compensation for this position is projected at $21-27/hr depending on experience.
The Student Services Financial Administrator fills an integral role on Gateways’ student and family services program team, monitoring the flow of time entry data into our database and using it to generate accurate, timely, and customized invoices and reports for families, institutions, and third-party payors. This position serves as a bridge between practitioners in the field and the business office, enabling both areas of the organization to function optimally. The Financial Administrator reports jointly to the Director of Day School Services and the Senior Director of Operations, while also working closely with the Director of Jewish Education Programs. This is a 28-32 hour/week position, year-round.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Day School Program Billing Administration (approximately 80% of total hours)
- Administration of day school client intake process, including collecting forms from school liaisons, entering data, tracking client statuses, and related communications.
- Manage therapist and school caseloads; compile caseload information into charts and reports for funders as needed
- Ongoing monitoring of time entry data and proactive resolution of errors or inconsistencies in coordination with practitioners in the field.
- Creation of monthly invoices for both day school contracts and third-party payors, follow-ups as needed to answer questions or provide supplemental data.
- Support of semi-annual student progress report preparation and related reporting in our database.
- Coordinating with database technical support team to improve systems and troubleshoot issues.
Jewish Education Program Billing Administration (approximately 20% of total hours)
- Set up of financial contracts for families in the Gateways Jewish Education Programs (GJEP) section of the organizational database.
- Management of fee collection for Teen Volunteer and Mitzvah Mensches programs.
- Creation and monitoring of payment plans using the online FACTS tuition management system.
- Communications with families regarding balances due and management of mid-year contract additions or adjustments.
Other duties as assigned.
- Significant skill in managing data and processes and an ability to balance multiple priorities calmly and efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience in handling billing communications with poise and professionalism.
- Patience and understanding in communications with staff, families, institutions, and others in the community.
- Proficiency in utilizing technology to complete work efficiently, including use of Microsoft Office and Excel. Database management experience (Microsoft Access, Intuit QuickBase) strongly preferred.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Reliable, enthusiastic member of the staff team.
- Demonstrated commitment to organizations with one or more similarities to Gateways (educational settings; small and growing non-profits; Jewish institutions).
- BS/BA degree.
About the Organization:
Gateways provides high quality special education services, expertise, and support to enable students with diverse learning needs to succeed in Jewish educational settings and participate meaningfully in Jewish life.
Cover letters and resumes will be accepted only through our online system at http://tinyurl.com/gatewaysjobs. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Gateways offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, sick, and holiday time, a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with up to 3% employer-match on contributions, and flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care, as well as health insurance, life insurance, and short and long term disability plans for employees working 30 hours per week or more.
Minimum Education Required