Union Settlement Association is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and community-building programs to our neighborhood, empowering New Yorkers with opportunities to better their lives. More than 350 staff work in our organization, and our services impact 10,000 people every year. By helping our neighbors realize their goals, we build the vitality and success of East Harlem. For more information about Union Settlement, please visit our website at www.unionsettlement.org.
Position: Health and Safety Monitor Specialist
Department: Early Childhood Education – Family Child Care Network
Reports to: Education Director
Anticipated Start Date: July 1st, 2020
The Health and Safety Monitor Specialist is responsible for managing, planning, and implementing comprehensive health/dental, environmental safety, and nutrition programs for children and their families enrolled. This position involves extensive record keeping, organizing, problem solving and time management. Extensive interaction with children, staff, parents and the larger community is also required.
• Ensures that all enrolled children are up-to-date on a schedule of age appropriate preventive and primary health care.
• Works collaboratively with parents to arrange any needed medical, dental, or nutritional examinations and immunizations, keeping in mind parents work schedules.
• In collaboration with parents and other staff, and the direction of the Education Director, develops a written follow-up plan and arranges re-screening, further diagnostic testing, examination and treatment for each child found to have medical, dental or nutritional problems.
• Assists parents, as needed, with identifying resources to obtain prescribed medications, aids, or equipment for medical and dental conditions.
• Obtains informed signed parental consent and release of information for all health, dental and nutritional services provided to children by the program or its contracted service providers.
• Identifies health, dental, emergency and nutrition service resources within the community.
• Maintains detailed, accurate, up-to-date and confidential records including: child health files, health services tracking system, and documentation of all activities.
• Maintains strict child, family and staff confidentiality at all times.
• Manages a portfolio of 125 providers.
• Associates Degree or Child Development Associate credential required.
• Training on nutrition, health, and safety in Early Childhood preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience providing health services in Early Childhood
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Excellent organizational ability and interpersonal skills.
• Overall flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Willing to travel through out East Harlem.
Please send Cover Letter, Resume, Writing Samples, References, and Salary Requirements to: email@example.com. Please indicate Health and Safety Monitor Specialist – Family Child Care Network in subject of e-mail.
UNION SETTLEMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Union Settlement Association is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and…