For forty-one years, CRE has prepared leaders and strengthened organizations to drive social change. As a nonprofit consulting firm, we provide the strategies and tools needed to build equitable and sustainable, high-performing organizations, working with 500 organizations each year. As we adjust to our new reality and work to bolster our team, organization, and sector, we are seeking a skilled, thoughtful, seasoned leader to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have a commitment to the social sector and alignment with CRE’s mission of strengthening organizations to reduce poverty, promote equity, and increase opportunity. Critically, the ideal candidate also will exemplify and promote CRE’s values as shared below, including our deepening commitment to racial equity and to dismantling anti-Blackness.
● Collaboration: We are smarter and more creative when we work together (and it’s more fun too).
● Diversity, Equity + Inclusion: We believe that true impact can only be achieved when we lift up diverse voices that have not always been heard.
● Accountability + Excellence: We promise excellence in all that we do and hold ourselves accountable to the community, the people we serve, and each other.
● Reflective Practice: We appreciate the big questions, tough discussions, and unexpected answers.
● Power of Change: We believe that change is always possible and unleashes opportunity and the potential for creative solutions that improve communities.
● Courage: We embrace bold ideas and risks that allow us to partner with clients as they overcome challenges and move toward change.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Our team of 30 program/consulting and operations staff comprise dynamic, diverse, mission-aligned thought-partners, deeply invested in advancing social change. We co-create, transform, and challenge organizations to be their best. We value our people, the journey, and the promise of change. We believe all communities are rich in ideas, capacity, and care. We believe in love—love for our work, our clients, ourselves, and for each other. We lead with an unapologetic commitment to equity, especially in times of stress and uncertainty. For more, see our staff page, https://www.crenyc.org/about-us/our-team/.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The HR Generalist / Manager plays a key role in supporting CRE as it works to build a diverse and exemplary team, fosters continuous growth amongst staff, and deepens its impact with clients and their communities. This role will oversee full cycle recruiting, general HR operations, employee relations, as well as support talent management initiatives.
The HR Generalist / Manager will exemplify and promote CRE’s values, including our commitment to racial equity. This position will work to create, support, and maintain an environment of diversity, inclusion and equity, ensuring that this is reflected throughout CRE’s various policies and processes and evident in CRE’s culture.
This is the ideal position for an individual who enjoys building and creating programs from the ground up in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be proactive and resourceful and have strong knowledge and experience in Human Resources. The successful candidate must be able to relate to people at all levels of the organization and move in and out of tactical and strategic roles. Remote candidates are encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A. Full Cycle Recruiting:
● Manage full life cycle recruitment (post, source, screen, schedule, reference checks, offer, onboarding, etc.) while completing hiring process within defined metrics including CRE’s protocol for promoting racial/ethnic diversity and equity
● Manage recruiting and interview processes to ensure that diverse, qualified candidates are hired, trained and supported.
● Work with management team to determine current and future staffing needs, and cultivate a robust and diverse candidate pool, talent bench and leadership pipeline
● Develop appropriate marketing strategies, define roles and responsibilities of hiring team, and develop agreements to ensure an equitable, effective, and efficient recruitment cycle
● Develop and implement creative and innovative sourcing strategies and techniques to build a pipeline of diverse, qualified candidates
● Develop and manage new employee onboarding experience across organization
● Manage process to allow for continued growth, learning opportunities, and access to CRE’s client work in a way that is tailored to the needs of each individual and their role
B. Talent Management:
In partnership with the Management Team:
● Support the development of job pathways and learning within the organization
● Execute and maintain CRE’s performance management systems and processes
● Align standards of performance across various organizational standards of quality and supervisory expectations
● Align staff development and continuous learning with overarching organizational priorities and staffing plan
● Oversee the onboarding process to support employee integration and socialization to the organization
● Support supervision and supervisory practices
C. HR Operations
● Work with CRE’S Management Team and staff members to update, develop, and streamline HR policies and procedures
● Support the research, comparison, and selection of all CRE benefits, including health coverage and retirement plans
● Administers benefits programs including, health coverage, retirement plans and fringe benefits, and PTO policies
● Maintain compliance with federal state and local employment laws and regulations to minimize organizational risk and ensure regulatory compliance
● Manage HR requests and questions from staff including paperwork and liaising with benefits provider and legal counsel
● Collect, manage, and analyze human resources data and metrics gathered to inform and support staffing, supervision, and other HR decisions
● Support other HR requests as needed
D. Employee Relations
● Manage and resolve employee relations issue with professionalism, poise, and a DEIA lens
● Provide coaching for staff on employee relations issues, as needed
● Support supervisors in managing performance with their team members
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
● 5-7 years' experience preferred with core human resources functions (performance management, compensation, employee relations, benefits administration) and talent management experience
● Working knowledge of state federal regulations related to Human ResourcesExperience building HR systems and processes in a startup or nonprofit environment
● PHR, SPHR, SHRM or other recognized professional HR certification
● Understanding of organizational development and capacity building
● Knowledge of and point of view on societal and racial inequities that frame the challenges CRE’s clients, staff, and partners encounter
● Self-awareness of social identities and how to manage dynamics of difference and power in interpersonal relationships with colleagues, clients and partners
● Strong knowledge of the sector, particularly nonprofits addressing poverty and social justice
● Commitment to high-quality work, productivity, and self-development
● Strong project management skills, with an ability to effectively and efficiently organize time and resources to accomplish work goals
● Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; able to synthesize data to recognize trends
● Insightful and creative in problem solving, with an ability to leverage diverse resources and opportunities to benefit CRE and its team
● Effective collaboration with colleagues to solve problems as they emerge
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to articulate and present ideas effectively with presence
● Proactive and a can-do attitude
● A team player; collaborative, collegial, and supportive with a sense of humor
● Able to build interpersonal relationships across departments
● Committed and open to learning; open to asking for and giving feedback
The salary range for this position is $70,000. CRE also offers a generous benefits package that includes 20 total days of PTO (paid time off), a modest bonus structure in years when both organizational performance and financial health support it, health insurance, flexible-spending accounts, and a 403b retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please send your resume and a cover letter that explains clearly your fit for this role/CRE and the value you will add; your ability to engage in critical racial equity work; and your alignment with CRE values. To apply please use this link
CRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disability Act.
For forty-one years, CRE has prepared leaders and strengthened organizations to drive social change. As a nonprofit consulting firm, we provide the strategies and tools needed to build equitable and sustainable…
To apply please use this link https://crexchange.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=3
To apply please use this link https://crexchange.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=3