Details: Competitive Salary
1444 I Street NW
Join a thought provoking and innovative leader within the Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) industry. Partners for the Common Good (PCG), a Washington, DC based community development loan fund, is seeking a Lending and Compliance Associate.
Founded in 2000, PCG’s mission is to advance economic justice and opportunity for low-income people and communities. We do this by partnering with CDFIs and socially motivated investors across the United States to serve borrowers that promote affordable housing, neighborhood revitalization, and healthy communities through support of education, community health centers, human service providers, day care and others. PCG founded the CDFI industry’s first wholesale loan participation network that today has partnered with nearly 50 CDFIs in Washington, DC and 36 states, originated $78 million in participation transactions, and developed a five-year strategic plan with an objective of growing its portfolio to $50 million.
PCG also participates as a community development entity (CDE) allocating New Markets Tax Credits (NMTC). PCG received $50 million in NMTC allocations and to date has closed five (5) transactions for a total of $29.5 million in allocations.
The Lending and Compliance Associate is an entry-level position with responsibilities in the lending and compliance areas of Partners for the Common Good. The incumbent will manage the servicing and compliance for PCG’s growing lending and New Markets Tax Credit portfolio, and will provide additional support to portfolio management. This position reports to the Director of Portfolio Management and will work closely with both the accounting and lending teams of PCG.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Input transactions into and maintain loan system (Portfol), manage system updates, and generate monthly portfolio reports
- Generate monthly invoices and manage payments and disbursements from lending partners and borrowers; advise Director of Portfolio Management of any potential problem areas and propose solutions
- Manage borrower covenant compliance and ensure timely receipt of required financial reporting
- Manage NMTC compliance and quarterly invoicing
- Contribute to loan production goals by assisting with loan closings and maintaining closing checklists and loan files
- Assist lending team with loan file audits
- Work to further develop and evolve PCG’s automated systems (currently Salesforce)
- Collaborate with internal staff to ensure timely reporting to investors and stakeholders
- Collect and analyze data to contribute to funding applications as needed
- Schedule credit committee meetings and take minutes as needed
- Assist with other portfolio management, compliance, and analytical functions as needed
The Lending and Compliance Associate position is perfect for a recent college graduate or professional with less than three (3) years of experience in either accounting, loan servicing, compliance, or reporting. The position requires a responsible individual that is a self-starter, problem solver, and has keen attention to detail. The Lending and Compliance Associate must have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Computer literacy in Microsoft Office environment (particularly Excel) is required. An individual with a bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field, such as business or finance is highly desired. Experience in the CDFI field, banking, or real estate development related to accounting or lending functions is a plus.
PCG offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a pleasant, challenging work environment. PCG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information about our organization and to apply for this position, please visit our website, and submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain what attracts you to PCG's mission and this position.