Details: Based on experience and credentials
7340 Jackson Street
Assistant Group Supervisor / Group Leader will implement and lead all daily OST program activities in the after-school and summer programs for assigned age group. This includes supervising, mentoring and engaging school age youth in all programmatic activities. Also responsible for the preparation and distribution of snacks/meals to students and facilitating clean-up duties. Responsible for planning, developing and implementing creative recreational, social, educational, and cultural group activities and is also responsible for implementing specific Project Based Learning (PBL) activities daily.
- Leads and engages ALL assigned youth in daily recreational, social and educational activities that includes PBL activities.
- Assist the OST Group Supervisor / Assistant Director or Director with the recruitment and registration process of children and youth.
- Ensures that the assigned group meets ratio requirements.
- Assists children with the daily sign in / sign out procedure.
- Prepares and distributes snacks/meals to students daily.
- Provides individualized and group tutoring during the “Help with Homework” portion of after-school program
- Responsible for working with the OST Group Supervisor / Assistant Director and OST Director to create and implement Project Based Learning (PBL) activities.
- Works with the OST Group Supervisor / Assistant Director and OST Director to generate program schedules and activities.
- Works with the OST Group Supervisor / Assistant Director and OST Director to ensure the program has proper materials and resources to conduct daily programming.
- Arrives to work on time, motivated and enthusiastic to work with assigned children.
- Accompanies and supervises children/youth on field trips.
- Agreement to participate and be made available for 15-20 hours of professional development every year during employment.
- Develop positive relationships with children, parents, colleagues, supervisors, administrators and when applicable the school day teachers of students in assigned group.
- Participate in staff meetings as established by OST Director or Group Supervisor / Assistant Director.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by the OST Group Supervisor / Assistant Director or OST Director.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Knowledge of and orientation to agency mission and philosophy.
- Requires a minimum H.S. Diploma or GED. Preferably the candidate will have or is currently pursuing the following:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education
- CDA (Child Development Associate) Credential
- SACC (School Aged Care Credential)
- Willingness (for candidates that do not have the three items listed above) to enroll in a CDA or SACC program and complete the course within their first year of hire.
- At least 2 years experience working with children.
- MUST have updated (within the year) FBI, Child Abuse and Criminal Background Check
- Must be motivated to learn and grow in an educational environment; and be willing to continually increase knowledge in the field of Early Childhood Education.
- Ability to relate well to children, OST staff, teachers and parents.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a positive role model
- Enthusiastic and passionate about working with children.
Minimum Education Required