10 Milk Street
About Social Finance
Social Finance is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to mobilizing capital to drive social progress. Our work bridges the worlds of policy, finance and social change. Over the last eight years, we have been working with colleagues across the sectors to pioneer the Pay for Success field across the U.S. Our portfolio of Pay for Success strategies aims to enlist private capital for public good, use data and evidence effectively, and unite uncommon partners - governments, investors, and nonprofits - around a common purpose: to measurably improve the lives of those in need.
What is Pay for Success?
At its core, Pay for Success (PFS) is a public-private partnership that funds effective social services through a performance-based contract. PFS financing (also known as Social Impact Bonds) enables federal, state, and local governments to scale high-performing service providers and achieve results by harnessing private capital. If, following an independent evaluation, the program achieves predetermined outcomes that benefit society and generate public value, then government repays investors. However, the government pays only at the level of outcomes achieved. Today, over 100 PFS projects have raised $400M globally, across a wide range of issue areas.
Social Finance partners with governments, nonprofits, foundations, impact investors, and financial institutions to create innovative financing solutions to improve social outcomes throughout the US. In the PFS and Social Impact Bond market, our Advisory Services, Social Investment, and Active Performance Management teams support all phases of work, tailored to the needs of our partners. We aim to alleviate the most pressing social issues facing our nation by focusing on the following areas: Education, Children and Families, Workforce, Criminal Justice, Sustainability, Health and Homelessness. We also focus on developing a strong PFS field through market education, publications, events, research and analysis. More recently, Social Finance launched our Public Impact Initiative, which uses the full range of PFS tools to help governments design, fund and manage effective social services.
This administrative assistant will provide support to three members of the Social Finance Leadership Team: the Managing Director of Advisory Services, the Vice President of Advisory Services, and a Vice President of Social Investment. This position is an excellent opportunity to learn the ins and outs of an effective non-profit organization, immerse yourself in the Advisory Services team, and join a fast-paced and fun team! Responsibilities include the following:
· Manage complex calendars and schedule appointments; proactively identify and address travel and scheduling conflicts; ensure managers are prepared for meetings by gathering materials and briefing them as appropriate
· Research and book complex travel itineraries; be on call to handle last-minute rearrangements in travel as necessary
· Answer and route phone calls and mail; assist with email communication and task prioritization for managers; handle broad dissemination of information
· Coordinate events and meetings held by Social Finance, including reserving rooms and working with vendors and caterers
· Act as the face of Social Finance by performing receptionist duties, including staffing the front desk, greeting guests, managing the general inquiry phone line, and coordinating mail flow
· Provide additional general administrative support as needed, which can include team-wide event planning, SalesForce support, travel and logistics support
· Perform other duties as assigned
We seek a highly motivated candidate who is committed both to providing administrative support and to fulfilling our mission and vision.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office; familiarity with SalesForce a plus
· Previous experience providing direct administrative support, either temporary or permanent; supporting
multiple managers a plus
· Excellent customer service skills and comfort in a client-facing role
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
· Ability to be flexible, produce results quickly, and work independently
· Ability to stay organized and poised under pressure
· Ability to anticipate and proactively address organization needs
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: Administrative Assistant). Review of applications will begin immediately. No phone calls please.
Social Finance, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, citizenship, ancestry, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, military status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information or any other legally protected status.