414a Chapel Street
All Our Kin, Inc., a nationally-recognized, Connecticut-based nonprofit organization that trains, supports, and sustains community child care providers to ensure that children and families have the foundation they need to succeed in school and in life, seeks a part-time bilingual office associate for the New Haven office.
All Our Kin first opened its doors in a New Haven housing development in 1999 with two staff members, six mothers, six children, and one core belief: all children deserve access to high-quality early learning opportunities. Through our programs, family child care professionals succeed as business owners; working parents find stable, high-quality care for their children; and our youngest and most vulnerable children receive the early learning experiences that prepare them to succeed in school and in life. Today, we serve over 400 family child care providers in New Haven, Bridgeport, Norwalk and Stamford, with a new office opening in New York City in 2018; these parents and educators in turn serve over 2,400 children in our community. To learn more about our work, please visit www.allourkin.org.
We are searching for an enthusiastic team player who is looking to make an impact and is excited about being a part of an effective, growing and dynamic non-profit organization. We offer competitive salary, a flexible schedule, and the opportunity to work with a team of skilled and motivated professionals. The Office Associate will report directly to the New Haven Director. The Office Associate will work primarily in the New Haven office. This is a part-time (25 hrs/wk) position.
Key responsibilities include:
· Basic office management:
· Ensure office in New Haven is running smoothly, has the necessary resources and is always a welcoming place for the community.
· Answer phones and welcome visitors.
· Check post office box every other day. Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail. Prepare outgoing mail for distribution.
· Complete administrative tasks for the New Haven office, including but not limited to ordering supplies, coordinating with deliveries, making copies and keeping the office organized.
· Manage credit card. Track and code office expenses and submit receipts and reports to Finance Director.
· Set up/clean meeting room for guest visitors.
· Communicate office closings in the event of extreme weather to local news outlets.
· Coordinate with vendors that provide office maintenance, copy machine service, supplies, signage, technology support etc.
· New Haven team support:
· Coordinate with the Director to streamline communication with internal and external stakeholders.
· Receive donations, recognize donors, and distribute materials.
· Order food for staff lunches and coordinate staff appreciation efforts.
· Provide as-needed support to the staff members located at the New Haven office.
· Assistance to core All Our Kin programs:
· Record All Our Kin workshops and classes on internal calendars.
· Assist in setting up for trainings and ordering food, and creating materials.
· Participate in Common Intake Team: enter provider information into Salesforce.
· Register providers for various workshops.
· Print out forms and assist providers in filling out (Care 4 Kids, Husky, etc.).
· Support providers with renewal of their CDA if requested.
Other program support as needed.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Believes in the All Our Kin mission and has a deep commitment to the goal of making high-quality early care and education available to all children.
· Be bilingual in Spanish and English, comfort with written translation and interpreting a plus.
· Exhibits a strong ability to build strong relationships with diverse stakeholders.
· Possesses excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Is proactive, highly organized & takes initiative to achieve goals.
· Enjoys collaborating and working as part of a team.
· Demonstrates a keen eye for detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
· Is willing to learn and creatively problem-solve.
· Demonstrates a high degree of discretion in dealing with confidential information.
· Has good computer skills, particularly with Word & Excel.
· Has a minimum of an Associate’s degree or equivalent experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Is available and willing to work some early mornings, evenings and weekend days.
Benefits of working at All Our Kin:
All Our Kin’s small size, focus on innovation, and collaborative model of program development make it possible for staff members to get a close look at the workings of a growing, high-impact nonprofit organization at the cusp of two critical issues: job creation and child care. The organization’s commitment to mentorship and professional development guarantee that each staff member will receive individual time and attention, and will serve as an integral member of our highly skilled and mission-driven team.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All Our Kin is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes that diversity and opportunity are fundamental to children’s lives and to our work. To apply please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com