1729 Mount Vernon St
The City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program is a public private partnership dedicated to the belief that art ignites change. We create art with others to transform places, individuals, communities and institutions. Through this work, we establish new standards of excellence in the practice of public and contemporary art. Our process empowers artists to be change agents, stimulates dialogue about critical issues, and builds bridges of connection and understanding. Our work is created in service of a larger movement that values equity, fairness and progress across all of society. We listen with empathetic ears to understand the aspirations of our partners and participants. And through beautiful collaborative art, we provide people with the inspiration and tools to seize their own future.
Annually, Mural Arts engages more than 25,000 people. This includes more than 2,000 who enroll in ongoing art and muralism workshops offered by our Art Education, Restorative Justice, and Porch Light programs; more than 8,000 who co-create our stunning works of public art; and more than 15,000 who tour our multi-neighborhood collection. Annually, we produce between 80 and 100 temporary and permanent pieces, which together tell an incredible story of Philadelphia’s beauty and resilience.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for all accounting details leading up to the month-end financial close.
· Responsible for the general ledger month-end close and presentation of the balance sheet and income statement results and analysis to Chief Financial Officer
· Responsible for the preparation of general ledger entries and reconciliations for month closing to close books in a timely manner
· Oversee the cash receipts, accounts payable and payroll functions
· Responsible for Cash Management and ensuring that all restricted funds are ‘earmarked” and allocated correctly.
· Responsible for monthly grant tracking and preparation of monthly grant analysis
· Supervises grant reimbursement invoices and funder financial reports as required
· Assistance with annual audit and budget preparation
· Responsible for all balance sheet analysis and/or reconciliations
· Responsible for all project analysis which involves tracking of all projects to funders and ensuring restricted funds are correctly allocated
· Responsible for monthly project management meetings to assist mangers with their understanding of budget vs. actual
· Responsible for tracking Revenue against budget and following up with Development on any issues with funding
· Responsible for maintaining Government/Grants contracts database ensuring proper tracking against conformed/approved budgets and invoicing.
· Other projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting
· Five years of experience in non-profit accounting
· Black baud Financial Edge experience a plus
· Auditing skills with the ability to research and reconcile complicated accounts
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Microsoft Excel experience
· Detail oriented and organized in work
· Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
Salary: Salary from low to mid 60s, including health and dental benefits.
For further information on the City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program, please visit www.muralarts.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please provide cover letter with salary requirements, resume and references by April 8th to Shiffonne.firstname.lastname@example.org