We are seeking an experienced Program Director with harm reduction background and a hands-on management style. As the champion of clinical services, the LCSW – Program Director supports our dynamic organization with accountability in the following areas.
Provides leadership and applies advance clinical practices in support of high quality care;
Responsible for direct management, performance, implementation and outcome monitoring of clinical services.
Anticipates, plans and prepares for integrated service delivery;
Partners with senior staff / senior executive, medical staff and other mental health professionals to evolve an effective interdisciplinary treatment team;
Ensures compliance with licensing / credentialing;
Chairs quality improvement and monitoring of clinical measures;
Interviews, selects, on-boards and retains a highly prepared clinical staff compliment;
Effective liaison with schools of behavioral services for behavioral health internship opportunities;
Identifies staff development opportunities, provides in-service trainings and/or makes provisions for program qualified instructors;
- Provides strategic leadership and oversight to the continuum of clinical services offered through Health Services
- Works closely within the Health Services and medical staff leadership structure on issues related to service delivery, compliance, quality initiatives, revenue generation and enhancement, and all other administrative matters.
- Coordinates resources to meet patient care demands.
- Ensures programs and services maintains compliance with the organizations’ policies as well as federal, state, and local agency regulations.
- Developing systems and structure to maximize workflow efficiency to meet compliance and budget. Track and monitor patient treatment progress for enhanced coordination of health outcome
- Monitor and develop policy and procedure as per regulatory standards
- Collaborate with QI and data management team to ensure program is actively engaged in the development and roll-out of QI initiatives across organization to improve patient health outcome.
- In coordination with middle management, leads clinical meetings to ensure goals and interventions are truly comprehensive and integrative.
- Hiring, development, and management of staff within health services departments as described above. Performing evaluations and monitoring responsibilities of direct reporting staff and supervision
- Implementing strategic planning for on-going business development activities
- Maintains collaborative decision making with the organization’s physicians/psychiatrist and or other providers regarding patient treatment plan needs/approval, staff development/training and or policy changes.
- Coordinate with HR and Credentialing Department to ensure clinicians are appropriately credentialed.
- Maintains integrity of program through monitoring of regulatory standard, code conduct, HIPAA compliance
- Develops and implements initiatives to expand and maximize the effectiveness of the Harm Reduction or recovery treatment interventions, including targeted initiatives for technical and clinical program needs.
- Participates in monthly clinical review and QA/QI committee and ensures routine monitoring of client chart documentation in accordance with state, federal laws regulations.
- Ideal candidate will have an accredited master’s degree in the behavioral sciences
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, LCSW preferred with behavioral health service experience
- At a minimum 5 years of management /supervisory experience in health care setting.
- Strong organizational, writing and public speaking skills required.
- Management experience in budgeting.
- Clinical experience in the care and management of persons with acute/chronic health service needs and/or HIV/AIDS related illness preferred.
- Proficiency in Spanish required.
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Minimum Education Required