The U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI) supports people who have lost or left their homes. For over 100 years, the unwavering commitment of our leadership, team, network of service providers, and advocates has helped redirect the destiny of countless vulnerable lives. In neighborhoods, in Washington, and around the world, we break down barriers and demand justice for refugees and immigrants as they successfully integrate into new communities. We provide essential social and legal services to rebuild productive lives, turning tragedy into prosperity. We are a purpose driven organization with a mission to protect the rights and address the needs of persons in forced or voluntary migration worldwide and supporting their transition to a dignified life. To learn more about our work, please visit our website at www.refugees.org.
The Nursing Assistant will ensure the quality and safe delivery of resident care and completed daily assignment efficiently. This Nursing Assistant will work as an active member of a team to guide youth clients through their daily routine and document care provided. The successful candidate must be detail-orientated, client-focused, engaging and a strong communicator. This position reports to the Nurse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct initial medical/nursing assessment of clients and assist with new client intake;
- Assist with maintaining client medical files;
- Administer medication as directed by the physician;
- Document all medication utilization, storage, etc.;
- Maintain adequate medical supplies and order refills as needed;
- Document and appropriately report health needs and/or status changes of the client to nurse and/or physician promptly;
- Accurately document TPR, I & O, heights/weights and all-important data as directed;
- Communicate clients' status to nurse when reporting off unit for breaks and end of shift;
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems;
- Collaborate with therapeutic activity staff on the wellbeing of clients;
- Reinforce clients’ personal hygiene habits;
- Respond to any emergency situations that would necessitate intervention;
- Provide age and culturally appropriate care;
- Meet and comply with all state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines in the provision of services to clients; .and
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job duties indicated is not to be an exhaustive statement and other job-related duties may be assigned as required by the supervisor(s).
- High School Diploma or GED is required;
- Certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant is required;
- Must pass a criminal background, child abuse and neglect registry clearance and other screening requirements including health assessment, Tuberculosis test and drug test.
- Possess or be able to obtain CPR and basic first aid certification.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Spanish is required
- Working knowledge of medical terminology required;
- Exceptional time management and attention to detail;
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills;
- Flexibility and willingness to work irregular and long hours including evenings and weekends as the position requires on call rotation with staff.
- Support a trauma-informed approach and therapeutic learning environment when interacting with youth;
- Support all functions that attain and maintain accreditation and compliance with regulatory agencies;
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm and composed under stressful situations;
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, residents, service providers and others;
- Ability to evaluate/interpret information and make good and independent judgements or decisions; and
- Demonstrated support of USCRI’s values by exhibiting respect for others, maintenance of confidential information and an appreciation of a multicultural workplace
- 90 day probationary period
- Satisfactory completion of USCRI’s Orientation and Training;
- Satisfactory completion of annual mandatory training; and
- Complete additional training as identified by supervisor, Program Director or Human Resources.
- Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity;
- Use of repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting and standing, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands;
- Occasional lifting (up to 25 pounds), bending, pulling, and carrying;
- Ability to read, write, and converse in English and Spanish; and
- Quantitative/mathematical ability (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, standard measurements).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit a resume with cover letter describing your interest and qualifications with your online application.
References will be required at time of the final interview.
No telephone calls please. Position will remain open until filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Nursing Assistant using the link below: