Associate Dir of Development, Corporate and Foundation Relations
- Job posted by The Nature Conservancy
Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world's toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
Become a force for nature and healthy planet by joining our New York team! The Nature Conservancy is addressing the world’s most pressing conservation challenges with solutions that benefit people and nature. For more than 60 years, we’ve been working in NY to do just that! You can be a part of our mission, plus contribute to our exciting growth right here in the Empire state.
We are looking for an individual with significant fundraising or business development experience who wants to make a difference for nature and people. The Conservancy is a global conservation leader and one of the top fundraising charities in the United States. In New York City, we have a dynamic foundation and corporate relations team that is seeking to reach ambitious, multi-million-dollar goals for the Conservancy’s mission to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. The team is strategic and ambitious, and we have fun as we build strong, impactful relationships between the Conservancy and the leading foundations and corporations in New York City. We are looking for smart, entrepreneurial, and exceptionally emotionally-intelligent go-getters who can manage and foster solid relationships externally and internally for lasting success.
The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years related experience om corporate sales, business development, and/or foundation fundraising or an equivalent combination.
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with fundraising constituents.
- Experience in asking for and closing gifts of $50,000 or more.
- Experience in developing strategic engagements and large funding opportunities.
- Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with fundraising principles and practices.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in current trends in charitable giving in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts or planned giving.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID#46781 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST September 11, 2018.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.