4649 Sunnyside Avenue North
Founded in 1981 in Seattle, the Snow Leopard Trust is the world’s oldest and largest organization dedicated to the conservation of the snow leopard. The Trust supports projects in the top five snow leopard range countries (China, Mongolia, Pakistan, India, and Kyrgyzstan) and aims to conserve the snow leopard and its mountain ecosystems through community-based conservation, rigorous science and education.
We are the lead technical advisor to the Global Snow and Ecosystem Protection Program (GSLEP) developed out of the 2013 Global Snow Leopard Forum. We also host the Snow Leopard Network. The Trust supports more than 50 staff members and graduate students internationally. Our office in Seattle is home to ten staff and provides operational, fundraising and administrative support to our field operations. We also have another eight staff who work remotely and support fundraising, IT, communications, research, and other functions.
The Snow Leopard Trust is hiring for a full-time Inventory & Sales Coordinator who will report to the Director of Sales & Marketing and directly support our expansive Snow Leopard Enterprises Conservation Program as well as the inventory management of our branded Snow Leopard Trust merchandise. The Inventory & Sales Coordinator (ISC) primary responsibiliies involve order fulfillment, customer service, inventory management, and sales and marketing support.
This is a great opportunity to build your sales, marketing and inventory management skills while gaining experience in an environmentally-focused non-profit and contributing at a high level to a growing conservation program. We’re looking for someone with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude who loves to help out where they are needed most.
The Snow Leopard Trust receives orders for handicrafts and other goods via its online store, during phone calls, and from drop-in visitors to the office. The ISC’s primary responsibility is compiling and packaging items, and shipping orders to customers in a timely manner.
- Fulfill all retail, wholesale and sales event orders in a timely and professional manner.
- Process retail orders within 3-5 business days
- Process wholesales orders within 10 business days
- Maintain appropriate stock levels between off-site warehouse and the office.
- Maintain appropriate amount and type of shipping supplies.
The ISC will have many opportunities to engage with the public via email, over the phone, and through face-to-face discussions. As a key face/voice of the organization, the ISC will ensure that all interactions are professional, courteous, and leave the supporter feeling respected and satisfied.
- Engage the public:
- Help drop-in visitors and complete walk-in sales as needed.
- Answer the office phone.
- Manage shop@ email account inquiries.
- Attend retail and other sales events, as needed (may include overnight travel).
The Snow Leopard Trust manages inventory of handicrafts that are produced each year to support our conservation work. The Snow Leopard Trust also sells branded products to raise funds for program activities. The ISC is responsible for managing the inventory of all products.
- Create Purchase Orders for incoming inventory (branded & handicrafts).
- Coordinate with air transportation service providers, customs brokers and fumigation services to assure timely movement of country program shipments.
- Master the use of our inventory management software (Stitch)
- Create and edit SKUs.
- Create new product items/categories as needed.
- Maintain open orders in the inventory management software.
- Close open orders and drop shippable orders before the 5th of each month.
- Following up on unpaid/past due invoices.
- Maintain consignment orders for staff members/external partners.
- Maintain inventory tracking sheet, transfer orders and monitor the movement of inventory, involving frequent trips to off-site warehouse.
- Receive, count and organize shipments from program countries.
- Document quality control of handicrafts upon receipt and compile quality control report
Sales & Marketing
Collaborate with Director of Sales & Marketing to maintain inventory upkeep and organization.
- Initiate and lead year-end physical inventory process and reconciliation.
- Initiate timing dialogue and set physical inventory date with Finance.
- Primary liaison between Finance and Sales & Marketing.
- Coordinate delegation of inventory counting with office team.
Sales & Administrative Support
- Process all wholesale payments (credit card transactions and paper checks), entering payments into Stitch and Salesforce in a timely manner.
- Manage Shopify websites, including brand management (taking photos, publishing, maintaining listings for new products).
- Assist with project oversight and follow-up during Director’s absence, as assigned.
- Manage wholesale account, vendor and customer requests (during Director’s absence).
- Assist Director of Sales & Marketing as needed, including sales analysis and data gathering for reports.
- Participate in Sales Team meetings and discussions.
- Contribute ideas for quarterly sales pushes.
- Assist with product development as needed.
- Plan, oversee and deliver adoption packages.
- Support other staff as needed (in consultation with Director)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in sales and/or inventory management
- Trade show experience preferred but not required
- Experience with handicraft sales a plus
- Experience working in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Stitch & Shopify
- Detail-oriented, able to process many orders without error
- Commitment to the Snow Leopard Trust mission and goals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, personal integrity
- Excellent computer skills & data entry skills
- Ability to proficiently manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and sense of humor
- Flexibility, ability to shift priorities as needed
- Interest in/passion for conservation, non-profit work a huge plus
- Team player who can also work independently and is a self-starter
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Must have reliable transportation
- Subject to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic)
- Subject to varying temperatures at Off-site Warehouse
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer for an extended period of time.
- Ability to work on your feet and easily lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, and reach out and above shoulders, climb ladders and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are reviewed after the job posting closes. Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF document by the deadline to be considered. The deadline for submitting your application is Friday, October 26, 2018. Please do not call regarding this position.
Job offer is contingent upon verification of credentials and other information required by the employment process and may include an oral interview and background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status