Part Time Temporary
34 Grove Street
Reporting to the Clinical Program Director of the Boston Area Program (BAP), this Part-Time position (20-25 hours per week) is responsible to assist and facilitate the transition of guests (the Gould Farm way of describing our clients) from Monterey to the Boston Program and into a non-residential extended community program. The Vocational Counselor utilizes a variety of approaches and interventions to promote recovery and successful community integration. Encourages guests with participation in meaningful psychosocial activities, work and/or training.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Develop connections in the Boston area for BAP participants to engage in volunteer, training and employment opportunities;
· Collaborate with Farm & BAP Clinical staff in supporting guests with accessing resources prior to guests transitioning to Fellside;
· Assess each BAP participant upon transition to Fellside relative to their interests and readiness levels in the areas of vocation and education;
· In conjunction with Clinical Case Managers, assist BAP participants in further developing vocational & educational goals as appropriate;
· Connect participants to resources needed to obtain and maintain employment services, volunteer and educational opportunities, and develop partnering relationships in the community to include collaboration with volunteer and employment supervisors;
· Consult with and educate team members regarding rehabilitation and community integration related issues while helping participants learn specific skills that foster rehabilitation and recovery;
· Provide individual support and coaching in volunteer and employment placements;
· Teach program participants employment, interpersonal and coping skills; managing daily challenges; crisis management skills; and improving social and recreational skills;
· Provides crisis intervention if necessary;
· Participate in all weekly staff and community meetings. Take an active role in setting and supporting all program policies. Communicate and cooperate effectively as a team player. Provide on-call coverage on rotational schedule.
· Provide effective staff coverage for smooth day to day operations of the program. Act as a back up to other staff as required. Actively participate in cultivating a nurturing community culture and generating creative educational activities for B.A.P. participants.
· Performs related work as required.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bachelor Degree with experience in the field (vocational services, psychiatric rehabilitation, case management, dual diagnosis). Knowledge of: holistic health; mental illness; availability of services in the area, local transportation and the benefits system are all desirable. Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner (CPRP) certification a plus. Excellent communication and administration skills are a must. Good organizational and planning skills and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively as a team member are important.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates please e-mail resume & cover letter ASAP to email@example.com.