Training, Coaching & Network Manager
Details: commensurate with experience
115 Mill Street
The PEAR Institute: Partnerships in Education and Resilience at McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School creates and fosters evidence-based innovations in social-emotional learning (SEL) and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) in youth-serving organizations. PEAR provides trainings and assessment tools that inform educational programs and professionals about program quality in schools and afterschool settings.
The Training, Coaching & Network Manager will provide coaching, training, support, and services to clients and partners using The PEAR Institute’s model of social-emotional development. The Manager will be responsible for direct contact with clients, lead training teams, and assist PEAR with the development of new and supporting materials and tools. The Manager will deliver training and technical assistance to schools and programs using PEAR’s student assessment tools, to help them understand assessment results and use that data to design and implement strategies to support healthy development in young people.
The PEAR Institute seeks an individual experienced in education, SED and the dynamics of public schools, with an interest in using data to propel the academic success and wellness of diverse youth, for this dynamic leadership position. The ideal candidate must have a passion for improving the lives of children and addressing the inequities that affect their ability to succeed in school and life. PEAR is seeking candidates with personal and/or professional knowledge of the issues facing underserved communities, communities of color, and those living in poverty, particularly in the realm of education.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a Lead Facilitator for PEAR Impact training and professional development programs
- Provide training and coaching to school and afterschool staff in the use and integration of PEAR’s assessment tools
- Consult school staff, leadership, and student support teams
- Assist school and afterschool teams in designing structures and systems to address the socio-emotional needs of young people
- Serve as project manager for collaboration with large youth-serving organizations
- Manage ongoing client relationships
- Masters degree in social work, counseling, education or related field
- 3-5 years experience preferably in school or afterschool systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Commitment to value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and youth leadership.
- Bi-lingual and/or bi-cultural a plus.
- Commitment to student-centered program design and implementation.
- Experience facilitating or co-facilitating professional development sessions
- Attention to detail, ability to show initiative and flexibility, meet deadlines, work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Interest in data and evaluation for programming and reporting.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit resume and cover letter online at https://partners.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=3064739&lang=en or visit the McLean Hospital career page at http://www.mcleanhospital.org/careers and search for job number 3064739.