We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Our over 550 staff and volunteers help provide 35 programs and services for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy and the reality is that most problems surface after hours. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. Work hours at Wood’s Homes are typically round-the-clock and the type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking 1 casual Family Support Associate for Supported Visits and Transportation Services. This program provides safe and timely transportation to children and families, leaving the children with appropriate caregivers. Verbal reports may be necessary. The successful candidate must be willing to work a variety of shifts, including afternoons and weekends. Hours range from 25-40 hours/week.
The Family Support Associate is primarily responsible for family support services, such as visit supervision as assigned, to identified children/youth and families in a safe, non-judgmental, and professional manner. This position reports to the Team Leader of the Transportation Program.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
· Provide supervision of visits between children and youth with their parents, guardians or others as approved and assigned.
· Communicate in a timely manner any risk issues
· Provide transport services in conjunction with supervision to children and families as assigned by the department Team Leader or designate.
· Documentation of visits and transportation as required including written reports for supervised visits
· Maintain current skill levels by attending in-services and/or additional training as required
· Work with an awareness of health and safety and cooperate towards improved health and safety conditions at work
· Knows and adheres to the formal and informal agency and departmental goals, standards and policies and procedures
· Other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
· Must be 21 years of age or older
· Must either be a current student of or have post-secondary education in Human Services or related field of study.
· Knowledge of basic child development
· Sound judgment, good communication and observation skills.
· Responsible, reliable, flexible, dependable and able to get along well with others.
· Ability to meet all conditions of employment
· Valid Driver’s License and a dependable vehicle for work related travel and maintains a record of less than 6 demerit points along with 3 years driving experience in Canada.
· Good verbal and written English language skills
· Acts in a professional manner consistent with Wood’s Homes mission, vision and values
· Works collaboratively within the team environment
· Ability to work independently and with families
· Mature and maintains a professional appearance at all times
· Able to maintain a neutral and positive working relationship with clients, families and employees of referring agencies and other stakeholders.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011.
Please visit us at woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition code 'Last Name, First Name, Transportation FSA’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.