As Senior Director of Communications, you will partner with The Chief Impact Officer in developing and implementing an external communications strategy that supports the Jefferson Awards Foundation’s national brand and Impact Communities. You will oversee content development, and drive the distribution to media outlets and our constituents. As the nation’s largest multiplier of good, the Jefferson Awards Foundation has a powerful story to tell about our role in celebrating and activating public service in communities across America. Your role will be to build and execute a strategy using that story to engage our key stakeholders and reach new audiences.
ABOUT THE JEFFERSON AWARDS FOUNDATION
Founded in 1972 by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Senator Robert Taft, Jr. and Sam Beard, the Jefferson Awards Foundation (JAF) is America’s longest standing and most prestigious organization dedicated to activating and celebrating public service. Through our programs we train and empower individuals to serve and lead in their communities, amplifying their impact through our vast network of media partners, mentors, and volunteers. Over the past 46 years, we have celebrated over 61,000 grassroots unsung heroes and trained over 25,000 youth to become service leaders in their own communities.
· Develop, implement, and manage overarching communications strategy and audience-specific sub-strategies for the Jefferson Awards Foundation’s national brand and Impact Communities
· Develop the communications process needed to support internal teams and external initiatives
· Manage relationships with PR firm, vendors, and partners
· Work in team with our PR firm to generate national and local press coverage for all Jefferson Awards Foundation communities
· Identify and engage key stakeholder groups
· Lead marketing and promotion of Jefferson Awards National Ceremonies
· Oversee development of marketing materials
· Develop delivery and packaging plans for development and sales teams.
· Supervise Community Manager and oversee website and social media strategy
· Write and distribute press releases, op-eds, marketing emails, scripts for Jefferson Awards National Ceremonies, and other materials
· Build strategy and process around systematic engagement of Jefferson Award’s Media Partner Network to promote and encourage coverage
· Build close relationships with the Jefferson Awards Foundation’s corporate partners (Champions) to coordinate and promote content development and partnership opportunities
· Support staff in Impact Communities with promoting local events and fundraisers
· Monitor traditional and social media coverage of the Jefferson Awards Foundation and its constituents
· Support CEO and Chief Impact Officer as needed
· Provide assistance in producing the National Ceremonies in New York and Washington, D.C.
· Collaborate with all members of the organization with good will, transparency, and kindness
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
· Minimum of 8-10 years of results-oriented communications experience
· Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
· Excellent writing, presentation, and communications skills
· Experience working and promoting large events
· Experience promoting volunteerism and community impact is a plus
· Fluency with MACs/PCs, with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, social media, and other web-based applications
· Ability to make a campaign, situation, or service more efficient and successful
· Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, with an understanding of industry benchmarks and the ability to forecast and report on traditional and social KPIs
· Strong planning and organizational skills, and the ability to adapt quickly to the changing needs of social and digital media; well-versed in the digital landscape
· A passion for public service and those who serve their communities
Competitive Benefits Package
Minimum Education Required