2120 13th Street, NW
ABOUT MERIDIAN PCS
Meridian Public Charter School is located in the Nation’s Capital. We are a rigorous PreK - 8th grade school, which academically and socially prepares its diverse student population to be successful in an increasingly global and technology based society. We aim to do this by creating a secure high energy and hands on environment where students can be excited about the learning process. Our goals are to provide a thorough foundation of knowledge and create a lifelong love of learning.
For additional information about Meridian PCS visit mpcs-dc.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a special education teacher to support our middle school students. Special education teaching positions are full-time, salaried, 10-month positions. Special Education Teachers at Meridian are responsible for the following:
- Collaborating with colleagues to develop and deliver specialized instruction in the classroom designed to help students meet grade-level standards and achieve personal learning goals
- Utilizing strong content knowledge to effectively present enticing and rigorous Common Core-aligned lessons
- Developing Individualized Learning Plans (IEPs) for students on assigned caseload
- Ensuring the records for each identified student are up to date and well-organized, and contain necessary progress notes and assessments
- Modifying assessments and classwork for students with special needs
- Administer and develop subject specific assessments for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing IEPs
- Assessing student progress against IEP goals, learning targets, objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents, and administration.
- Tracking and monitor assessment results in order to regularly refine teaching practices and design differentiated lesson plans
- Communicating with families regarding service delivery and student progress
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team as appropriate
- Establish and implement effective classroom management procedures, and maintain a productive, safe, and focused learning environment
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal candidates will have the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required. Master’s degree preferred
- Two or more years of teaching experience as an elementary, middle, or high school teacher in an urban environment preferred
- Experience with co-teaching models preferred
- Experience writing and monitoring IEPs preferred
- Understanding of ELL strategies preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please click here to apply to the Special Education Teacher position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran’s status, or any other factor, which would constitute a violation of the D.C. Human Rights Act or other applicable laws or court order.