130 East 59 Street
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
The Data Analyst will be a key member of our Impact and Performance Assessment team. S/he will be called on to leverage data to interpret and convey the impact of our philanthropic activity. S/he should know how to query, analyze, and visualize data have a mastery of scripting, database, and statistical languages. We seek someone who enjoys a fast-paced environment, collaboration, and teamwork. This is a new position that will increase the capacity of the department.
- Demonstrated experience with scripting languages, including R or Python
- Expertise in data visualization tools, especially Tableau.
- Experience and knowledge of database languages SQL or MySQL
- Experience performing statistical analyses in SAS or SPSS
- Demonstrated experience performing data visualizations
- Demonstrated experience explaining technical material to non-technical audiences.
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field (CS, Math, Statistics, Economics, etc.) strongly preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience with data in an highly analytical role
- 1-3 years professional experience using SQL, Python, R, and/or SAS
- Demonstrated experience in data visualization
- Critical thinker
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF