60 Temple Place, 2nd Floor
Marketing and Development Manager
The Genesis Foundation for Children seeks a collaborative and innovative Marketing and Development Manager to manage the organization’s brand, marketing, external relationships, and fundraising.
The Marketing and Development Manager will work closely with the entire Genesis Foundation team to convey the power of The Genesis Foundation’s mission and funded services to key stakeholders, expand its reach, create vibrant marketing and event collateral, manage and maintain strong database and technical support for the organization, and increase financial support via various fundraising strategies.
The work is often varied, so we are looking for candidates who have shown flexibility and multi-tasking capabilities in their current and prior jobs.
The Marketing and Development Manager will be expected to represent The Genesis Foundation in a professional and ethical manner with all of its constituents, including Board Members, clinical/therapy program staff, patients and their families, volunteers, and donors. Work for events on occasional weekends and evenings is required. Several events require travel within New England.
Brand, Marketing, Press/Communications:
- Create and execute the monthly digital marketing/communication plan:
- Manage all social media content: campaigns, posts, and outreach; track property analytics to increase visits and loyal fans
- Design and distribute monthly newsletter and other outreach via Constant Contact, monitor engagements, opens, and click rates in email campaigns
- Support promotion of relevant content/opportunities related to rare diseases, disabilities, and genetic disorders (ex. Rare Disease Day, opportunities for children)
- Design any other traditional media/advertising opportunities such as billboards, online banner ads, radio PSAs, newspaper ads, support any new video strategy.
- Lead on brand management: design all event invitations, e-blasts, posterboards, one-pagers, reports, and other graphics using Style Guide.
- Monitor and update all content, photos, layout and design on the Genesis Foundation website; act as primary point of contact with web support for updates/technical support. Write monthly blog posts.
- Write press releases, pitches, and introductions for corporations and community groups. Contact media and coordinate for event coverage and presence.
Fundraising, Grants, and Finance Support:
- Manage year-end Annual Appeal, Online Giving (such as #GivingTuesday, AmazonSmile, and general donations), and manage grant seeking and submission (researching new grant opportunities, writing and editing grants). Work with Director of Development/Strategic Partnerships to set and achieve fundraising goals.
- Brainstorm with the Genesis Foundation team on new campaign initiatives, community outreach strategies, fundraising, and corporate outreach.
- Design organizational materials for major donors, including solicitation campaigns, year-end annual appeals, letters, and acknowledgements.
- Maintain constituent relationship database, maximizing its content and use for efficient cultivation and messaging to our stakeholders. Generate donor and prospect reports for the President, Director of Development/Strategic Partnerships, and other staff members.
- Financial Recording Strategy: support transaction management with the Genesis Foundation Finance Manager through deposits support and Salesforce management.
- Create and send thank you notes to all donors including testimonials of patients served.
- Regularly secure pertinent and compelling data, patient stories, and Board of Director information for reporting and outreach.
- Identify and manage charitable promotions with community businesses, including partnership with Kiss 108’s Kiss Concert.
Program and Philanthropic Support:
- Support Patient engagement: correspond with patients/families through emails and phone calls, work with families chosen as speakers for events to craft compelling stories, update patient narratives on website and thank you notecards/posterboards/social media; build stronger Grateful Patient program to engage families as donors.
- Plan and organize the annual Patient Holiday Party.
- Manage volunteer list within Constant Contact, recruit new volunteers, manage outreach of volunteer opportunities via digital communications.
- Primary contact for funded programming including at The Feingold Center, MotherToBaby, and all TPA programs. Support the Feingold Center website and the MotherToBaby website with input from program staff.
- Manage philanthropy/grant application process for future organizations seeking funding with the Genesis Foundation Finance Manager and President: lead on hosting in-person and phone-call discussions, visiting on-site locations, evaluating proposals for funding, conducting due diligence on submitted budgets, releasing decisions, and update application as necessary.
- Attend all TGF events; help with event-day tasks and logistics for all fundraising events
- Support ordering of office supplies and branded items; liaison for printing and IT vendors
- Answer main phone line and direct calls
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; minimum 3-5 years of professional experience: preferred fields - communications, marketing, fundraising, philanthropy, or nonprofit management.
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design, adhering to style manual, including fundraising and event materials, brand and marketing collateral, required.
- Excellent communication skills of all types are essential: telephone, marketing/social media for business, email, in-person at events, and formal writing.
- Strong skills with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher) and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), website management/CMS programs, social media for business and related analytics (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google My Business), relationship management/database programs (ex. Salesforce, Blackbaud, Donor Perfect, Greater Giving), and the ability to learn and manage computer systems is required.
- Familiarity with WordPess, Constant Contact, Salesforce, and BidPal programs is strongly preferred.
- Experience in the non-profit sector and/or working with volunteers is desired.
- Experience building corporate, foundation, or individual gift solicitation a plus.
- Very strong organizational skills; must be highly-detail oriented and comfortable working on multiple projects year round while prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a team, with colleagues, Board members, donors, followers, and supporters is vital, as is ability to work independently with a strong degree of self-starting.
- Availability to travel for all special events and meetings, which include occasional weekends and evenings is required within New England. Preferred but not required: Have his/her own vehicle for transportation to meetings and events. Office parking is provided.
- A minor degree of physical labor is required to support setup and breakdown of fundraising events, such as lifting boxes, arranging tables, etc.
ABOUT THE GENESIS FOUNDATION FOR CHILDREN
The Genesis Foundation for Children was founded in 1982 by Dr. Murray Feingold to fund the diagnosis, treatment, coordination of specialized clinical care and therapy for children born with genetic disorders, rare diseases, and disabilities, and have funded over 65,000 diagnostic, consultation, and therapy visits for children and their families throughout New England. The Foundation’s financial resources come from fundraising events, annual giving, individual donations, corporate sponsorships and grants, as well as the dedication of local and national leaders in the fields of medicine, professional sports, and broadcasting. The primary beneficiaries of the Foundation are:
- The Feingold Center for Children at Boston Children’s Hospital - Waltham (and Massachusetts medical clinics)
- The MotherToBaby-MA hotline for expecting mothers with questions about health risks to their unborn babies as well as physicians
- Therapy and the Performing Arts, providing individualized programs for special-needs children to help them reach their intellectual, psychological, and physiological potential with activities such as music therapy and horseback riding.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Stein, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing and Development Manager Position” in the subject line.