Details: $16-18 per hour
23 Dartmouth Street
General Role: This position manages invoicing and performs related customer service for Haley House’s catering and wholesale operations as well as its rental properties. This position works closely with the management of Haley House’s social enterprise and housing programs to ensure that smooth accounting and collections procedures are established and implemented.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
- Coordinate accounts receivable activities, including entering invoices and receiving payments in accounting software and preparing, submitting and entering cash deposits.
- Prepare customer statements and invoices for catering, wholesale and housing.
- Ensure that revenue reporting in social enterprise’s POS systems are transferred into accounting software.
- Maintain tenant rolls and payment spreadsheets.
- Follow up with customers in a timely manner when there are discrepancies or questions about accounts receivable.
- Work with other departments and other accounting staff to resolve account issues and enter adjusting entries as appropriate.
- Ensure that cash register banks are processed and deposited and that new banks are prepared for use at social enterprise.
- Initiate collections for past-due invoices for catering and wholesale business and back rent.
- Maintain relationships with accounting departments for customers that issue EFTs.
- Staff and assist with special events, as needed, with a focus on creating systems for ticket sales and submitting donations.
- Experience preparing invoices and performing customer service required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency, especially with spreadsheets and accounting software.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; flexibility a must.
- Experience at a nonprofit that addresses issues related to homelessness, housing, job training, social justice and/or urban agriculture preferred.
- Commitment to helping the most vulnerable in our society and track record of challenging existing systems of privilege and injustice.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 13, 2018.