Institutional Development Support (40%)
- Manage prospect research for the Development department by monitoring the philanthropic landscape; identifying and profiling prospective donors and new funding streams centered around KIND’s crosscutting institutional priorities; help track prospect outreach and measure outcomes in Salesforce.
- Help prepare briefings for program staff and leadership in advance of meetings and telephone calls with prospects and/or donors.
- Regularly draft donor correspondence and institutional language for proposals and reports.
- Work with Senior Director on departmental initiatives, including process improvements, updating tools, drafting standard operating procedures, and developing trainings.
- Coordinate with Finance staff to track grant spending and identify potential issues that could affect reporting or projected renewals.
- Identify opportunities for and support the development of strategic communications (e.g., blog posts, social media, articles, webinars, etc.) to increase the profile and visibility of KIND programs and partnerships.
Proposal Coordination (40%)
- Maintain library of KIND institutional language for use in funding proposals and reports and liaise with internal contacts—including staff from the Legal, Finance, and Human Resources teams—to update these materials.
- Compile attachments to letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports as required by funder guidelines, and when appropriate, work with the Legal and Finance teams to obtain necessary signatures for submission.
- Issue reporting prompts containing the necessary information for relevant staff to develop grant reports. Provide initial review of grant reports for consistency with KIND style guides, grant expectations, and donor intent.
- Draft and oversee writing project schedules, prepare writing project kickoff agendas, and track progress on projects through submission.
- Liaise with sub-recipients to collect any required inputs from partners.
Development Administration (20%)
- Enter application and reporting materials into foundation portals as needed.
- Manage internal grant announcements and related administrative correspondence as well as external donor acknowledgement and disclosure materials.
- Coordinate with the Senior Manager of Operations and Reporting to use Salesforce to track performance metrics on a monthly and quarterly basis and report out to the Development department.
- Maintain accurate and complete Salesforce database records using report dashboards, in coordination with the Senior Director and Senior Manager.
- Manage a monthly data integrity audit for the team and assist with resolving audits as needed.
- Manage and maintain agenda and meeting minutes for internal weekly institutional team meetings and joint meetings with other departments.
- Contribute to weekly development digests for Executive Office.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Must be fully fluent in English.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience including donor engagement, proposal coordination, project management, and/or managing CRM databases (such as Salesforce).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites (such as Teams, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to work collaboratively and multi-task in our KIND environment, managing numerous priorities and emerging opportunities.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment. Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate as appropriate.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and communication styles.
- Committed to prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as embracing transparency and authenticity in daily work life.
- Be disciplined and nimble to ensure delivery on our core mission of access to justice and protection of children’s wellbeing and rights.
- Showing the ability to multi-task and work with a sense of urgency in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Committed to practicing and supporting wellbeing and a work-home life balance.
- Experience working and communicating in a remote environment.
KIND requires all staff be COVID vaccinated with the exception of those who have medical or religious beliefs exemptions.