Details: Competitive salary and benefits (commensurate with experience)
2315 18th Place NE
The Front Desk Assistant works at the reception desk, and is Academy of Hope’s first point of contact for learners and guests. It is essential that they make a positive first impression. The front Desk Assistant also performs office support activities, as related to the daily operations of Academy of Hope Adult PCS.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answers phones, manages incoming calls, voicemails and provides courteous, professional service to adult learners, volunteers, staff and other visitors.
• Maintain office organization including up to date inventory on supplies, forms and other materials and implementing efficient systems for effective running of organization
• Answers questions from learners and guests with speed and professionalism.
• Assists in ensuring operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs and maintaining equipment inventories
• Acts as a resource for learners and guests related to registration, schedules and other pertinent information
• May assist with overflow work
• Sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
• Performs basic clerical tasks.
• Operates standard office equipment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Able to work and converse efficiently with all levels of Academy of Hope community and guests
· Able to handle difficult learners and guests tactfully
· Extremely capable of keeping reception area clean and organized
· High level of organizational skills;
· Precise attention to detail
• High School Diploma/GED, or higher level of education
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Experienced in managing multiple line phone system and handling multiple incoming calls
• Thorough understanding of making copies of printed documents, and filing correspondences, reports and records
• Excellent communication abilities are essential.
• Highly skilled in greeting visitors, determining nature of business and directing to concerned person
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with occasional evening shifts 1:00pm to 10:00pm dependent on programmatic activities and staff availability.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Academy of Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not allow discrimination with respect to employment or any of the terms or conditions of employment because of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status or religion.
Competitive salary and benefits (commensurate with experience). Candidates for employment will be subject to a federal criminal background check before confirmation of employment
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit the Academy of Hope website (http://aohdc.org/jobs/) for instructions on how to apply for the position. The deadline for applications is 07/23/2018. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.