Title: Social and Digital Media Manager
Schedule Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt Employee
Location: Office located in Anaheim, CA. Staff currently works remotely.
Your Role: CAIR-Los Angeles social and digital media manager will be tasked with improving, developing, and implementing a digital strategy to increase online engagement with our target audience.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Create CAIR-LA's social media vision and strategy
- Find new and innovative ways to target and engage activists, allies, and Muslim community members across all digital channels
- Manage organizations daily posts through compelling and attention-grabbing messaging to create awareness among our target audience
- Create strategic content, including graphics, for all external communications via email, social media, WhatsApp, email, and printed materials such as flyers
- Manage the digital launch of major reports, campaigns, and events
- Assist other departments in their communication needs such as writing copy for emails, drafting press releases, creating social media pages, etc.
- Establish and report on metrics that help enhance the performance of CAIR-LA's digital initiatives
- Manage contract workers including graphic designers, photographers, and videographers
- Experience creating and editing videos is a plus, but is not required
- Monitor news and social media trends
- Other duties include, but are not limited to tracking media mentions, assisting with data (collection, input, and management), covering events for social media
All CAIR-LA staff are required to assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, fundraising, and other office tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication are required
- Foundational understanding of design and visual elements and how to create simple yet effective graphics is necessary
- Experience managing and writing copy for social media is necessary
- Passion for civil rights and advocacy
- Familiarity in communicating with the Muslim community is a plus
- Experience with Canva, Adobe photoshop/In-Design/Illustrator, or other graphic design programs is a plus
- Familiarity with AP Style and copy-editing experience is a plus
- Press work/journalism experience is a plus
- Evenings, weekends and off-hour work may be required.
- Kaiser Health Insurance and Blue Cross PPO Dental Plan for staff members, their spouse, and their children
- Paid time off for incoming staff includes: 12 Paid vacation days, 10 holidays, and 10 personal/mental health days
- IRA matching program
- Professional development budget
Please note that all new employees go through a background check and a 90-day introductory period. This position reports to the Communications Manager.