Details: Low 30's
Description: A small non-profit community-based agency is seeking an advocate for victims and witnesses of crime in South Philadelphia.
- Staff preliminary hearings providing support services to victims i.e. support counseling, orientation to the criminal justice system, restitution, assistance with intimidation etc.
- Provide follow-up support services to victims after court, including emergency services referrals, support counseling and trial accompaniment
- Assist victims in filing Victim Compensation Assistance Program claims
- Advocate for the needs of victims with medical providers, creditors, employers and various social service agencies
- Work with the Police Department and the District Attorney’s office
- Offer home visiting for victims unable to come into the office
- Keep comprehensive statistics on all of the above services
- Assist the Executive Director on other projects as needed
- Minimum high school diploma, college degree strongly preferred
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply
- Enjoy working in a diverse community
- Organized and detail oriented
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Able to work independently
- Able to work collaboratively
- Computer skills--Microsoft Office
- Equal Opportunity Employer
E-mail resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.