The print and digital marketing manager is responsible for managing an effective marketing plan to recruit eligible families, attract quality employees, and raise awareness of the agency and its programs with key community partners, stakeholders and potential donors. Among this role’s primary responsibilities is producing promotional and informational content for all social media posts, print and digital advertising, print and digital recruitment collateral, and website news posts to achieve the agency’s marketing goals.
The candidate must be able to communicate effectively, work independently and collaboratively within a small, close-knit team and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
The position reports to the director of communications, supervises the digital media specialist and works closely with multiple programs across the organization.
- Design and manage an annual marketing plan to promote the agency to its target populations, including current and potential eligible families, potential employees, current and potential child care providers, community partners and stakeholders, and potential donors;
- Conceptualize and produce a variety of assets for diverse audiences, including print collateral, digital and print ads, social media posts and ads, email campaigns and more;
- Collaborate with staff from other divisions and departments to develop content for posts, advertising, collateral and more;
- Maintain a shared editorial calendar for all social media posts and advertising campaigns;
- Manage all agency social media feeds by employing a social media management platform and ensuring that all posts are consistent with overall brand image and marketing objectives;
- Manage agency LinkedIn and Glassdoor pages in conjunction with Human Resources Department to optimize opportunities to attract quality staff;
- Manage agency digital and print advertising on behalf of all divisions;
- Translate agency information and data into easy-to-understand and visually engaging typography, illustrations, and infographics as needed;
- Coordinate work by third-party graphic designers, website developers, and promotional companies as needed;
- Ensure the agency’s marketing materials and communication are culturally sensitive and designed to reach diverse audiences;
- Facilitate the ordering of appropriate promotional items for the agency;
- Develop strategies to increase followers and engagement on social media;
- Leverage key engagement metrics to optimize advertising and outreach campaigns;
- Manage responses to reviews on various websites (Yelp, Google, Glassdoor, etc.), while identifying any areas of concern that should be addressed;
- Identify photography and videography needs to support content;
- Monitor trends in outreach tools and applications and make appropriate recommendations that will help the agency reach its marketing goals;
- Promote and protect the agency’s brand;
- Supervise digital media specialist;
- Support director of communications by identifying news opportunities, cultivating staff engagement, and overall brand awareness.
- Excellent communication, management and organizational skills;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Ability to adhere to agency style guide (knowledge of AP Style a plus);
- Attention to detail;
- Personable and collaborative spirit;
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously;
- Basic graphic design skills (Canva, InDesign, Photoshop);
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or advertising or relevant field;
- Five to seven years of digital marketing and social media experience (nonprofit experience preferred);
- Advanced experience in social media platforms;
- Understanding of analytics for Google, Facebook, etc.;
- Proficient in Office 365, including Microsoft Teams;
- Proficient in project management software (Zendesk).