Details: or commensurate with experience
361 West 125th Street, 5th Floor
Figure Skating in Harlem (FSH) is the first organization in the world to combine the power of education with the grace and discipline of figure skating, to give girls 6-18 access to innovative programs that advance their intellectual, emotional and physical health. Our mission is to help girls transform their lives and grow in confidence, leadership and academic achievement. Now in our 20th anniversary year, our award winning programs have provided low-income girls with access to education, health and wellness services to help them reach their fullest potential. Our vision is for every student, regardless of socioeconomic background, to acquire the foundational academic, social and leadership skills to achieve her dreams. She will be a powerful speaker, an effective leader, live a healthy lifestyle and be a global citizen. Headquartered in Harlem for 20 years, we have just launched our first satellite chapter in Detroit – Figure Skating in Detroit.
Job Description: As part of the Education Department, the Education Manager supports the Director of Education in implementing high quality academic programming, creating individual plans to support the needs of each student and developing engaging curriculum that will foster a love of learning and build critical academics skills in our participants. This position joins a motivated and enthusiastic program team that supports individual growth and encourages the contributions of each of its members.
- Support Director of Education in running all programming at the Academic Center with focus on middle school students
- Support hiring and supervision of part-time academic staff
- Develop and oversee implementation of middle school academic content including developing curriculum and individual education plans.
- Develop middle school summer academic programming
- Spearhead longitudinal approach to tracking and documenting program effectiveness including developing and analyzing program metrics, administering pre- and post-tests and other data collection and supporting grant reporting
- Acts as point person/group liaison for middle school group, serving as first point of contact for families, maintaining a culture of support and high expectations and closing the communication loop between students, families, and staff
- Perform other duties as assigned. As a small non-profit, we all wear many hats and need to pitch in as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field
- At least 5 years experience working in youth development
- Experience using databases and manipulating and analyzing data required
- Experience writing grants and/or working in data-driven environments preferred
- Excellent facilitation and teaching skills with experience differentiating lessons and working with students from diverse backgrounds
- A passion for the mission of FSH and a commitment to helping students reach their academic and personal potential
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
- Track record prioritizing, meeting tight deadlines and managing multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously, while working in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention for detail and ability to take initiative
Hours: Monday-Friday 11am-7pm with occasional evening and weekend hours needed.
Benefits for full-time employment include fully paid health insurance, three weeks paid vacation to start plus holidays, retirement savings program and life and long term disability insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé to Hiring@figureskatinginharlem.org with Education Manager in the subject line. Please be sure to include your experience collecting, aggregating, and using data in your cover letter. No phone calls please.
Figure Skating in Harlem values its diverse community and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. Due to the high volume of resumes, FSH may not respond to all who apply. FSH is an equal opportunity employer.