Details: Salary based on experience and in accordance with market rates
Epic is a global nonprofit startup which amplifies people's potential to make a difference through giving. Epic finds, funds and scale high-impact social organizations. Epic scouts, designs ands promotes innovative giving solutions.Epic strictly partners on a pro bono basis so that 100% of the money received goes to Epic portfolio organizations.
Launched in 2014, Epic has a global team with offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Brussels and Bangkok. The work of the organization has been featured in reviews like Business Insider, Tech Crunch and Fast Company among others.
Epic is seeking a self-driven, “entrepreneurial-minded” professional to lead our West Coast Development.
- Growing a sustained base of annual individual donors, corporate partners and foundations on the East Coast / West Coast (new donations and renewals) to support the charities and social businesses in Epic's portfolio (locally and internationally):
- Working directly with HNWI, philanthropic advisors and wealth management firms to drive new donations and cultivate strong relationships for client referrals
- Building strong relationships with family and corporate foundations to raise funding for Epic grantees, either through or by positioning Epic grantees in their application process
- Prospect research: continuously identifying new leads to go after, through direct research or network mapping of Epic executive team and local ambassadors across all targets
- Supporting the VP Development and Engagement US in growing a community of socially-minded entrepreneurs and investors passionate about giving back a percentage of their future success to Epic (Epic Sharing pledge):
- helping design outreach strategy (directly towards entrepreneurs, and indirectly through VCs, accelerators, incubators…),
- leveraging existing pledgers on the East Coast to build a strong community around the Epic Sharing Pledge and growing the movement organically
- Maintaining updated records on salesforce for all outreach and on-going discussions with prospects
- Events and brand awareness (30%)
- Helping design and execute events in New York / the Bay Area and Los Angeles (from intimate private gatherings to larger events - happy hours, panel discussions) to cultivate/activate our communities and position Epic as a thought leader in the ecosystem:
- proactively coming up with angles for panel discussions,
- developing content for sector specific gatherings,
- building a pipeline of partners to co-host events with,
- maintaining a list of venues/catering/sponsors to leverage...
- Supporting the execution of the Fall NY gala with the support of the rest of the Epic team and an external agency
This is a full-time position, based in our New York or San Francisco offices. Epic will provide a friendly working environment as well as strong opportunities for professional growth and network building. This is a unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial, mission- driven organization focused on achieving impact and results. Epic Foundation provides an opportunity to achieve social impact while working directly with some of the most passionate and innovative leaders within a global community of philanthropists and corporate donors.
This position may be right for you if you:
- have 3-5 Years of experience with at least one significant experience working in the non-profit / social impact / start-up space
- have a track record of having raised funds for non-profits, having solicited corporate and/or individual donations
- are passionate about helping organizations grow through funding and making valuable connections
Healthcare/Dental coverage (100%), Paid time off (depends on seniority), 8 Public holiday, Sick Leave and more
Minimum Education Required