120 Wall Street
Established in 1989, the Asian American Federation (AAF) is a pan-Asian nonprofit leadership organization that represents and supports a network of nearly 70 Asian American community service organizations in New York City, which work in the fields of health & human services, education, economic development, civic participation, and social justice. AAF’s mission is to raise the influence and well-being of the pan-Asian American community through research, policy advocacy, public awareness, and organizational development.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Development Manager will be responsible for a multi-faceted fund development operation, which includes government grants, foundation and corporate support, individual donors, fundraising events, and program-specific fundraising campaigns. S/he will be responsible for:
· Partnering with the Executive Director and Deputy Director to formulate and implement annual fund development goals and strategies;
- Developing, coordinating, and tracking grant proposals and reports for all government, foundation, and corporate funders;
· Working with the Executive Director and Deputy Director to cultivate and manage external relationships with key funders, including attending evening and weekend events;
· Developing, growing, and overseeing the individual donor base, including annual solicitations and special campaigns; and
· Planning, coordinating, and executing fundraising events, including the annual gala and quarterly donor relations events.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience in the nonprofit development field, with a proven record of success in writing proposals and reports, cultivating and maintaining funder relations, and leading small to large fundraising events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail, including high-level proofreading and editing abilities
- Exceptional organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to manage concurrent multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize accordingly
- Superior relationship management skills, with the ability to interface effectively with different types of funders and work both independently and collaboratively with a variety of personalities
· Demonstrated commitment to Asian American communities and AAF’s mission
Compensation: Salary is $50-60K, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off, health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as a 403(b) plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and writing sample with [Last Name] Development Manager in the subject line to HR@aafederation.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will begin immediately. No phone calls, please.