1608 Walnut Street, Suite 600
Assistant Director–Housing Stabilization
The Assistant Director of Housing Stabilization will support a range of UESF programs, including UESF’s Utility Grant Program, and corresponding partnerships aimed at helping vulnerable families achieve and maintain stable housing.
The Assistant Director of Housing Stabilization is responsible for supporting the Director of Housing Stabilization in planning and monitoring progress within the department. The Assistant Director is expected to be well-versed in performance and operations management and competent in problem solving before they become obstacles. Additionally, the Director will ensure that all activities align with the goals, objectives and core values of UESF. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Assist in developing and implementing plans and goals for the department
· Work with the Director of Housing Stabilization to coordinate and supervise daily operations
· Ensure compliance with contract regulations and internal processes
· Monitor attainment of objectives
· Undertake staffing responsibilities (hiring, training, evaluating performance, etc.)
· Maintain scheduling of events and represent the company when needed
· Fulfill duties as assigned by the director in a timely manner
The Assistant Director of Housing Stabilization works under the supervision of the Director of Housing Stabilization.
Given that an essential component part of the mission of UESF is to provide holistic services to low income families, the Assistant Director of Housing Stabilization is expected to work in accordance with this strategy and carry out this mission as part of their program direction.
Coordination with and assistance to other UESF programs
The size and nature of the UESF requires that all staff work cooperatively and work as part of a team. All staff is expected to perform and contribute as needed. When necessary, at the discretion of the Executive Director or Director of Operations, the Assistant Director of Housing Stabilization will be expected to and required to perform any other duties as needed and as directed by the Executive Director.
· Interest in nonprofit organizations
· Requires knowledge and belief in “Housing First” philosophy and strategies
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services field and at least three years of proven experience as Assistant Director, other similar position, or other suitable combination of education and work experience
- Experience in performance and operations management
· Excellent communication skills, particularly listening, mediation, and writing skills
· Possess strong organizational skills with ability to meet a demanding workload
· Detail oriented to complete requirements of files and contract compliance
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, experience with data management software such Salesforce
· Work collaboratively with other personnel and/or service providers or professionals
· Handle sensitive organizational information with discretion
· Treat coworkers, clients and partners with professionalism and respect
This job description may be revised at any time at the discretion of the Director of Operations and the Executive Director.
Minimum Education Required