Share Our Mission, Join Our Team!
Women Aware envisions a society where individuals can live free from violence and injustice.
Our mission is to promote the safety & self-sufficiency of individuals & families affected by domestic violence in Middlesex County, New Jersey.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years experience in domestic violence counseling and/or other direct services
- Knowledge of Criminal Justice a plus
- Good communication and writing skills
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Full time, M-F
In collaboration with the Coordinator of Advocacy Services, carries the responsibilities of providing direct services to victims of domestic violence. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Provide a safe, non-judgmental, and empowering environment to clients and staff
- Maintain positive working relationships with Middlesex County Family Court Officials and other community organizations
- Provide direct services to clients within the program in accordance with accepted standards of care and ethics of the profession.
- Provide victims with legal information/options under the Prevention of Domestic Violence Act, referrals, safety planning, and supportive counseling
- Provide direct services to DV victims which includes explaining the judicial process/system and providing court preparation and court accompaniment for restraining order hearings.
- Advocate with Law Enforcement, Family Courthouse personnel, Family Law Attorney, Prosecutors office and community organizations/agencies in order to facilitate the delivery and coordination of services
- Maintain and submit statistical information and reports accurately and timely
- Coordinate Legal Clinics and Workshops as directed by supervisor
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, interdepartmental meetings, in-services, supervision, Agency events, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Teamwork makes the dream work
Women Aware offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with an Agency match
- Paid Time Off for vacation, sick and personal leave
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required