601 South Figueroa Street
ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools is the largest nonprofit charter school organization in Los Angeles, serving nearly 13,000 low-income scholars across 25 free public middle and high schools on 28 campuses. In our 14th school year, Alliance has a proven record of success: though our scholars come to Alliance on average four grade-levels behind in reading, 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college—including 77% to a four-year university in 2017. We strive to truly change the life trajectories of our scholars and communities, with a goal of 75% of Alliance graduates completing a four-year college degree. We also value our people, illustrated by being in the top 10% of Gallup’s global Best Place to Work survey.
Join us at Alliance and you can expect to be part of an innovative organization made up of talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want strong collaborators, skilled communicators, and avid problem solvers who are comfortable in a culture of continuous learning and who are excited to implement fresh ideas and unique solutions in service of our scholars and families. Now is the time to join us and make long-lasting change across Los Angeles.
The Home Office Support Services Manager reports to the Chief of Staff and is a critical part of the Office of the CEO. She or he works to support the Home Office team on workplace management and supports other cross-functional priorities and initiatives. On occasion, the Home Office Support Services Manager will need to work outside of regular business hours to meet deadlines and execute his or her responsibilities.
Leadership and Supervision
- Design and supervise Home Office operations, including the development, implementation, and maintenance of office systems, procedures, and policies
- Supervise and develop Alliance’s Home Office Support Services Coordinator, who is responsible for front desk reception and managing office operations
- Serve as the Home Office point person to building management
- Partner with HR to maintain and implement office policies as necessary
- Develop and manage work plans and content for monthly Home Office all-staff meetings (~100 people)
- Develop and manage internal office communications, and those communications between Home Office teams and school sites
Workplace Culture Building and Planning
- Serve as the Home Office point person for Best Place to Work-related initiatives
- Assist with, and support, onboarding of new Alliance Home Office employees and ongoing Alliance staff needs or questions; work collaboratively with other teams to do so (e.g. Finance, Operations, etc.)
- Incorporate Alliance’s organizational mission and priorities into the look and feel of the Home Office physical office space (e.g. maintain a professional and organized environment, assist with selecting office decor and layout, etc.)
- Design and implement Home Office appreciation and engagement activities and rituals
- Spearhead opportunities to positively enhance workplace culture, create community and engage staff (e.g. leveraging national and global celebrations such as Earth Day, Immigrant Rights Day, etc., organizing office outings, birthday/milestone celebrations, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
THE STRONGEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE/BE:
- Belief in and alignment with Alliance’s core beliefs and educational philosophy.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and cultivate professional relationships and work effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts, including the ability to provide written and verbal feedback.
- Ability to identify and pursue best solutions for a variety of situations and adjust course as needed.
- Strong organizational skills, including file set-up, maintenance, and filing procedures.
- Knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation, English usage, and report and letter formats, as well as basic math.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., MS Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook), Google Drive and general ability to adapt to new technology systems and applications.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required.
- At least 5 years of administrative experience in an office environment with at least 2 years working in a supervisory capacity.
- We will consider candidates without a Bachelor's degree if the candidates have one (1) year of administrative experience in an office environment for each year of required formal college education (4 years).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Alliance offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, as well as an employer-sponsored 403b plan annual contribution equal to 5% of regular earnings, and comprehensive health benefits packages, including dental and vision. Alliance covers 100% monthly premiums for individual employees or up to $900/month toward family plan premiums.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter at www.laalliance.org/careers. Please note only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.