POSITION SUMMARY: The Community Manager, Fundraising Campaigns & Volunteer Engagement is responsible for the implementation of our mission through programs and fundraising events.
- Create and implement strategies to meet fundraising goals through the Take Steps Walk program, special events, individual and foundation fundraising, and 3rd party events.
- Responsible for the recruitment of volunteers to assist in implementing the Take Steps Walks and other assigned special projects associated with the Nebraska/Iowa Chapter.
- Serve as a consultant and resource to volunteers. Provide professional leadership in planning and implementing their tasks and/or responsibilities.
- Responsible for the recruitment and oversight of the volunteers associated with the Executive Committees, Event Leadership and Chapter Medical Advisory Committees.
- Assure appropriate utilization of volunteer skills and resources and provide guidance in carrying out assignments and recognition for their time and effort.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for Take Steps Walks, fundraising events, programs and activities and routinely review the status of each with your supervisor.
- Direct the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for individual, corporate participation and donations / sponsorships.
- Coordinate all collateral materials related to fundraising events, programs and activities within approved budget.
- Assist in the coordination of community based public education programs and support the local support groups.
- Coordinate public relations and promotion for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all new and/or proposed fundraising events, programs and activities.
- BA/BS degree
- Five to seven years in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes peer-to-peer fundraising, special events, corporate/foundation giving, corporate sponsorship, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgement.
- Familiarity with individual gifts.
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic planning and budgeting and volunteer development, including the recruitment and development of committees
- Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in MS Office