- Community Support Specialist will report directly to the Community-Based Program Coordinator (Supervisor).
- Responsible for tracking program outcomes and data analysis.
- Expected to present data to program leadership in an organized and comprehensive manner.
- Assist Therapeutic Case Managers with planning and accomplishing community-based goals and outcomes.
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships with community partners and, attend internal and external meetings that focus on community-based outcomes.
- Assist with monitoring progress of Young Adults in community-based programs, schools, and employment.
- Must have the capacity to obtain and provide a direct linkage to a vast array of community-based services, which may include: case management, education, benefits screening, employment, mental health services, and other referrals consistent with the identified needs.
- Ability to use motivational interviewing techniques to optimize engagement and enable change through identification of young adult goals.
- Position requires occasional travel to Riker’s Island to meet with, Young Adults who will be transitioning into the community soon.
35 hours a work week; Flexibility for evening and weekend coverage.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Education or Human Services Field one or more year’s prior experience working with young adults ages 18-21 in a social services setting;
- Or a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Education or Human Services Field with minimum prior experience working with young adults ages 18-21 in a social services setting.
- Ability to obtain Department of Corrections clearance and work within the constraints of facility guidelines. Including lock downs and personal screenings, this can be changed at the discretion of the Department of Correction.
- Excellent Microsoft Office and Database skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required. Bi-Lingual a plus.
Candidates with NY State driver’s license are highly preferred.
: SOCIAL WORKER -262
: New York-Queens-Jamaica
Minimum Education Required