1041 Wisconsin Avenue, NW
Reports to: Executive Director
Mission of Georgetown Ministry Center:
Georgetown Ministry Center guides vulnerable, chronically homeless individuals towards stability and housing through street outreach, provision of a safe and welcoming environment where everyone is treated with respect, and advocacy for the homeless. We seek lasting solutions to homelessness one person at a time.
Drop In Center Program Summary:
The Center provides a safe, stable environment where guests may connect to needed services and care, engage in community, obtain health and mental healthcare services, and receive support from staff regardless of readiness for change.
Services are delivered in our drop-in center in Georgetown. Services offered include showers, laundry, mail, case management, computer use, and coordination of services. By creating an atmosphere of hospitality where guests can choose how they receive support, GMC is able to build relationships with many vulnerable individuals who have difficulty connecting with services due to complex barriers such as a mental illness, problems with substance abuse, or a history trauma.
The Program Director will provide a variety of direct services to homeless individuals, supervise case management and program staff as determined by the Executive Director, work to create and promote a supportive, therapeutic environment to vulnerable adults in Washington, DC. Program Director will provide or oversee all services in the Center. GMC operates from 8am-4pm, 7 days a week. The Program Director will work 40 hours, with flexibility to provide or coordinate on-call coverage during all hours that the Center is open.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as lead clinician in fast-paced drop-in Center program serving 50+ guests per day. Coordinate services for drop-in Center and respond to any crises that arise.
- Work to maintain an environment conducive to a supportive, trauma-informed approach to service provision in a low barrier setting.
- Coordinate with social services team to help guests engage in case management around housing, mental health, substance abuse, health, education, and employment.
- Supervise case management staff, and create a positive, productive work atmosphere for Social Services team.
- Support and encourage activities of GMC volunteers and interns.
- Participate in relevant homeless services provider groups, advocacy coalitions, and city policy workgroups.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in services for people experiencing homelessness, mental health issues, and/or substance abuse issues.
- Master of Social Work with licensure at LGSW level required, LICSW preferred.
- Intermediate training and/or experience in supervision and program management.
- Knowledge of community resources available to homeless individuals.
- Ability to work as a member of a culturally diverse team.
- Flexibility and openness to working in fast-paced, supportive environment with guests from diverse racial, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong communications skills, professionalism, and boundaries.
- Spanish-speaking a plus, but not required.
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive benefits; Salary commensurate with experience.
Georgetown Ministry Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Resume, cover letter, and salary requirements should be e-mailed to email@example.com, to the attention of Lissa Ramsepaul, LICSW.